Silverado469's '07 NNBS ECSB Silverado

silverado469

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
never really made an official build thread, but here are the stages my truck has gone through in the last 2 years

when I first got it, completely stock

32482_401051226895_3912440_n.jpg

next was RC 2" leveling kit

58409_434757331895_2879254_n.jpg

plasti-dipped the stock wheels black

7e0d870e.jpg

then messed around with the headlights and added a paramount restyling grille

62d4ef7a.jpg

finally got the grille, front bumper bar, and rear bumper colormatched and put on 18x9 fuel boost wheels

9a8c2035.jpg

89865f3b.jpg

stayed like that for a while until i got the 4" Rancho lift with 9000xl shocks and 325/60r18 Falken Wild Peak A/T's

100_2480.jpg

25% tint on front windows

4d6c1d16.jpg

then i got tired of the black headlight housings, so i cleared my stock headlights

DSC00219.jpg

ba83ec26.jpg

and eventually i got tired of the black wheels and positive offset they had.....so i bought 18x10 polished Raceline Renegade 6's and a billet bowtie

f2cef434.jpg

d119ded1.jpg

messed around with the center caps and found smaller caps

before
da574f3d.jpg

after
b57b59cc.jpg

didnt like the black in the pro comp caps, so i found these and am sticking with them

f1e32ed4.jpg

and this is how it sits now

file-1.jpg

file.jpg

future plans are 325/60r18 Cooper STT's or Hankook Dynapro MT, possible 1.25" RC body lift and in 2 weeks im ordering Cognito Upper Control Arms. I was also thinking about going back to a stock chrome grille and maybe chrome rear bumper...opinions? i love the colormatching but wondered what it would look like with the chrome grille and rear bumper

thats all for now, thanks for taking the time to look at my truck

Imo i would go back to the chrome grille, bumper bar, and rear bumper. Then colormatch the bumper plastics. I am biased though because thats how my truck is lol. I had it fully colormatched but it was too much.

Thanks guys and yeah I'm gonna think about the grille and bumpers. If I do anything next it will be cognito upper arms and then a set of winter tires for my stock wheels, then colormatched tows and handles

pics look great man get that hd front on there and done.. but then again i do like the hollow grille you dont see it often lol

so back in january I did a full paint correction with the Adams swirl and haze remover, machine polish, and machine sealant. the other day i washed the truck with adams shampoo and these are the pics i snapped of it.

since the full paint correction ive clay barred the truck twice along with some mothers carnuba wax and then the second time with adams buttery wax

file-41.jpg

file-40.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-38.jpg

file-37.jpg

im really impressed with adams products and how well they are holding up.

also the Quick sealant has worked wonders for my polished racelines. The brake dust barely builds up on them and water spots just wash away when it comes time to wash the truck.

after washing the wheels they look like this

file-42.jpg

file-43.jpg

Last edited:
well i found a rough country 3.5" kit with the control arms on their scratch and dent site on ebay. the price was too good to pass up

rc-chevy-2010-2wd-lift-246S.jpg

once the kit comes ill be installing the upper control arms and selling the rest of the parts that come with the kit.

i will post pictures of the install and before and after angles as well

snapped a few pics the other day

file-60.jpg

file-59.jpg

file-53.jpg

file-56.jpg

Well my control arms came in today so i went out in the garage and got to installing them. install went pretty smooth and the rough country arms fit perfectly.

here are some pics during the install

file-63.jpg

file-65.jpg

file-64.jpg

file-67.jpg

file-68.jpg

drove it a lil after i was done and the ride feels smoother on the road. I'm not hitting the bump stops anymore. I gained about .5" of travel over the stock arms and did not have to cut the bump stops off.

I'm new to the forum thing but this truck is mean! really love it! where did you get the front end painted? i have a 2012 with the whole front end chrome and i wanna get it painted but i hear you cant really paint over the chrome? thanks a lot and sweet truck now i have something to look off of to see what i wanna do to mine. looks bad ass

My paint guy painted over the chrome on my rear bumper and it's holding up fine. My dad know's him so he did it pretty cheap.

Yes I can't wait to get m/t's