Sierra fog light disassembly

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Has anyone disassembled Sierra fogs? Not sure if its possible but figured I'd ask, I have an idea brewing in my head but they would need to apart for it to work.

Both of the ones I have now the inside reflectors are turning black from condensation getting in. I've got an idea for some "new" lighting but the front lens would need to be removed for it to work. If what I want to do works, the rear reflector will be covered up anyway. Anyone got an old one they want to get rid of? :lol:

You putting big ass led cubes or round lights in?

Prepare to blind people if they're not pointing directly at the ground :crazy:

You putting big ass led cubes or round lights in? Prepare to blind people if they're not pointing directly at the ground :crazy:

Close, but nope. :secret: No blinding oncoming vehicles will be happening. Here is an output pic, 170 degrees wide.

9736825650_01d56c9706_c.jpg

It is led, will say it's another vehicle's factory fog light.

Last edited:
let me dig through and see if i have it. if not, i can give you the other one out of my truck considering it looks yellow compared to the new one.

maybe we can work out a trade for your painted stuff in the deal :secret:

:hmm:

why all the gay ass secrets? and I wasnt guessing...

No idea really, thinking about OEM BMW X6 lights.

BMW%20LED%20Fog-3367.jpg

BMW%20LED%20Fog-3365.jpg

BMW%20LED%20Fog-3366.jpg

BMW%20LED%20Fog-3368.jpg

They are led, 170 degrees(super wide beam pattern), would definitely be different, and I can get a set some what cheap.

Not sure yet, plan is to open a oem light and see if they can be mounted to the rear of the light then reassembled. That way you could use the stock mounting. Need a light and a few days to see if it's even possible first.

Was thinking of leaving the lens on the BMW one and just trimming the shit out of the backside of the sierra one. Sierra ones are much cheaper than the BMW ones.

im saying cut the clear part of the lens off the BMW ones, and cut a opening in the back of the sierra ones that fits it tight, and plastic weld or epoxy them together, then you can use the stock gmc mounting and you will till have the bmw mirror part to reflect great output.