Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda Majestic

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Since my buddy bought a bagged rcsb, before asking me about it. This is what he got
Silverado006.jpg

Silverado007.jpg

Silverado005-1.jpg

Silverado002-2.jpg

Majestic was very withdrawn with his information on this thing. I will be posting pictures of the reason I called this thing half assed when majestic posted pictures of it.

Here's the issues:
Firewall is beat to hell not "massaged" like stated
wheels have beat up the vacuum booster because they hit
the truck does not lay, has 1/8" plate welded to the bottom of the frame and doesn't even lay that.
the bedsides are pushed out and held there by 1/4" metal rods and 3/8" rebar and the tires still hit.
the body work on this thing is horrible.
the wishbone is 3 pieces of tubing welded together at the junction without a single gusset
the switchbox doesn't operate 100% properly
the EDC has not filter or way to check the oil level and there's no water trap for the tank.
the rack and pinion is loose as hell and you can watch it move at full turns
wheels hit the shocks

Here's my plans on a budget build since the money he has to spend is limited.
This will be a build you want to subscribe to if you're working on a budget.

here's the list of parts and mods for the front
Specialty Suspension Bracket
1999-2006 GM1500 UPPER BAG MOUNT
narrowing factory lowers 3/8" per side
upgrading to heim steering
flipped uppers
McG 16" spindles
tubbing the firewall and fenders
hydroboost

out back I will be redoing the wishbone link and a complete revamping of the air management system.

will be starting on the lower arms tomorrow

Good lesson in doing your research or having someone there that knows a thing or two.
Lucky to have a friend like you to help him out with the hack job that he got.

I think there will be a lot of people that will benefit from bring able to see this build

Here's the pictures from narrowing the lowers. The reason I said 3/8" was because I wanted to give myself 1/8" room to grind and get everything sitting right. I didn't want to be more than 1/2".

still have to cut some gusset plates to weld on and drill the hole out for the sway bar.
this is where I'm cutting it

this is a pretty good repsentation of finished until I gusset it and paint it.

u6yzupeq.jpg

y2ubatab.jpg
epy9u4er.jpg

its a shame, but good thing there is good ppl out there like you to help a buddy out when things like this happen. looking forward to finished product

its a shame, but good thing there is good ppl out there like you to help a buddy out when things like this happen. looking forward to finished product

just trying to save the name of Air ride, one truck at a time. things like this are what give bagged vehicles horrible reputations.