Should I go 1" lower or no?

Low01silveradO

Nov 27, 2012
Should I go 1" lower?

Remember I'll have HD front end with bumper hanging 1.5" lower than it currently is.

Also, wouldn't I need to roll front fenders?

gyqu6y6y.jpg

a7y3u5a7.jpg

sy2ygyte.jpg

ada4uved.jpg

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Lower. I was hanging 4-5" up front on my old 02 with hd front end and rarely scraped it. You'll be fine with another inch lower.

And no, you dont look low enough to worry about minitubbing the front. When you get into 5"+ up front then worry bout it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower. I was hanging 4-5" up front on my old 02 with hd front end and rarely scraped it. You'll be fine with another inch lower.

And no, you dont look low enough to worry about minitubbing the front. When you get into 5"+ up front then worry bout it.

Aaight good to hear. So 4/7 it is. Just gotta grab some 2" coils and some shackles. That'll be a quick afternoon job.

So how are ppl rolling the NBS front fenders? Cuz I'm thinking I'll have to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, I'm 5.5" up front and not mini tubbed or rolled yet, going to soon..it rubs slightly on dips

Last edited:
Aaight good to hear. So 4/7 it is. Just gotta grab some 2" coils and some shackles. That'll be a quick afternoon job.

So how are ppl rolling the NBS front fenders? Cuz I'm thinking I'll have to.

Why do you think you need to modify the front fenders at 4"?

^^^ word. Especially with the smaller tires you could easily go 5/7 and still not have problems. You'll have problems scraping the lower valance after the swap before you do in the fenders/wheel wells.

Well I'm very careful and don't pull up to curbs and such so I should be fine on the bumper situation but I was asking about the fenders cuz my brother hit rim lip on fender at 4/6 with the same tire and ltz 22s. Might have something to do with offset but idk what the offset is on those.

And also, what're y'all doin for better alignment? At 3/6 I was told they could get it extremely close to properly aligned but not perfect camber wise. That was with 27" tires if it makes a difference.

Should be offset or just not being careful driving. I was 4-5/9 on stock ss 20's and 255/40/20's with never one problem. Trust me, unless you drive horrible and not care bout ur shit then u'll have no problems going 4" or even 5" up front without having to worry bout fenders or minitubbing.

And also, what're y'all doin for better alignment? At 3/6 I was told they could get it extremely close to properly aligned but not perfect camber wise. That was with 27" tires if it makes a difference.

Lots of different things out there but if not get it as best as you can and just balance and rotate every oil change like i do with my car now.

Is there something that can be done that doesn't require flipping the upper arms or replacing arms? Got other important things to do so I wanna go 1" lower on tha cheap. Well not cheap,but just not a bunch of extra parts.