shell fitment question :\

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Alright i know everyone dislikes the campershell look, but this is a reasonable question.

My sister is having a baby in February, and she lives in Florida, well her and her husband have a 2012 silverado ext cab, and a 06 or something equinox.

Well they are bringing their 3 dogs and normal vacation things when they come in january to visit (as well as have my sisters baby shower)

My brother in laws truck doesnt have any bed cover and the equinox only has so much room, so i offered to follow them back down in my truck if it was fixed and put the shell on it to carry all their baby shower stuff so its not in the bed of my brother in laws truck and potentially get wet or whatever.

If my truck isnt fixed my brother in law thought maybe we could just put the camper shell on his truck and do things that way, but my question is :

with my truck being a 1995 chevy ext cab shortbed, would the camper shell fit a 2012 silverado ext cab shortbed?

i know it would look weird with his truck being red with a green/teal shell on it but we have no other alternative.

if it's not slanted crazily it will at least kind of fit. It would fit well enough to keep shit dry imo.

^Agreed. Another option, although a pain, would be to put everything in trashbags in the bed of his truck. We've done this before, works great as long as you get your knots tight enough

Sent from TapaTwat

^Agreed. Another option, although a pain, would be to put everything in trashbags in the bed of his truck. We've done this before, works great as long as you get your knots tight enough

Sent from TapaTwat

only worry is if they get some boxes of say a changing table or something covering that would be a pain

True, leaving things in boxes will cause more problems, especially that size. What about just renting a small Uhaul trailer? They're usually decently cheap and probably wouldn't be even as much as your gas bill there and back

Sent from TapaTwat

True, leaving things in boxes will cause more problems, especially that size. What about just renting a small Uhaul trailer? They're usually decently cheap and probably wouldn't be even as much as your gas bill there and back

Sent from TapaTwat

good point may look into that as well! Thanks