SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Went and did Mojave Road this past weekend. heres some pics from the weekend.

cVbsFIG.jpg

mSPJOL9.jpg

9KPskbq.jpg

awNqmei.jpg

hn9rCGw.jpg

GtgnLEk.jpg

cLG6ffh.jpg

IT3bjfM.jpg

8xIeXdG.jpg

sT4wVGH.jpg

OfktvqI.jpg

N0D9UME.jpg

kS9wGbg.jpg

IW0Z44i.jpg

4L9fKbn.jpg

oBGH1OT.jpg

R3vQNtZ.jpg

XeaKCSm.jpg

SkvNj0V.jpg

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
It’s a blast 50-60mph through the desert across 170 miles in some of the roughest terrain. It’s insanely beautiful and makes you feel small once you’re in the middle of nowhere and look around. Cool feeling. Always a good time.

Reactions: Smith

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
after having my coms antenna ripped off the tent from a damn joshua tree i wanted to lower it to be around normal antenna height. So i ordered a ditch light bracket and a new NMO antenna base that was 3/8" mounting and it fit perfectly so i installed that and ran the cable inside the cab. So far the same reception and wont be prone to being slapped around as much. These 4runners dont have an antenna so this looks fairly normal besides being on the driver side vs passenger side.

Dont mind my neighbors horrendous trailer which is my backdrop.

udETEwJ.jpg

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
I added a SxS chase light for the back of the minivan, has multiple flash patterns and will make it easier to see me as i throw a ton of dust.

VpZ6dzhl.jpg

I also bought a small diesel heater that i plan to take with me in the winter for camping. Made it connect with anderson plugs behind my bumper with a 30' power lead So i can keep it under the 4Runner and pipe in the heater into my tent.

I have had the Mr Buddy heater and i personally dont feel safe with them in the tent and there is major concerns of Carbon Monoxide along with the chance of burning the thing to the ground because my sleeping bag touched it while it was hot. This negates all that and makes life real easy. I have it running on kerosene so it burns clean and wont have the sooting issues like diesel will. It maintains excellent heat and came with a remote. Its real small and easy to pack at 16x8 so its not a hinderance at all and real easy to pop the heat tube on and zip into my tent window.

aAD8iY0l.jpg

Tiki

Jan 23, 2011
How rigid is your tent? Would it work to mount on cross rails over a Chevy short bed (it would cantilever quite a bit).

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
How rigid is your tent? Would it work to mount on cross rails over a Chevy short bed (it would cantilever quite a bit).
Bottom floor has two 80/20 bars length wise as cross support. It’s rigid as hell.
They were having $800 off on this tent for awhile now, maybe it’s still going on.

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Mounted the wheels this weekend on the new tires. Went with the same tire i had before. I had excellent wear out of them and found them in stock and on sale. No brainer.

spyuSoGh.jpg

39OiJQXh.jpg

Also added a solar gland to my roof of the tent instead of having the wire wrap around the outside. Had to drill a hole through the tent roof which was a little unnerving but everything went well.

40fLdu7h.jpg

4VGOxbHh.jpg

Still able to unplug if i need to remove the tent for any reason.

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
I’m going to put these on the gf jeep in bronze.
Was going for bronze method but these are better IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SamCarroll

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
I’m going to put these on the gf jeep in bronze.
Was going for bronze method but these are better IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
friend of mine got the Bronze Defenders. Also a good looking wheel. Also, hit me up before you order. I have a 25% off code im allowed to give out.

raceline-defender-bronze.jpg

Reactions: j.mo