SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Installed the fridge slide over the weekend and tested my battery with it on.

98Gq1jeh.jpg

cOAbhQbh.jpg

Battery started at 12.1v at 730am Sunday and i checked it throughout the day and the fridge maintained the proper temp and this morning at 7:00am the battery was at 11.8v and started up no problem. Real happy with the fridge so far in testing at least.

Reactions: Connor and yates

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
installed and upgraded my Battery to an AGM and grabbed a deep cycle to match so i can assemble my dual battery set up.

Installed and upgraded my communications. installed the Ham over the weekend.

dddiRwBh.jpg

Q5LggsYh.jpg

extended the mic to be able to plug/unplug when not in use and still hidden.

UimA3Bkh.jpg

Reactions: Milk

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
did some mods to the tent to make it a little easier for opening/closing and using.

Changed the sliding ladder to a telescoping ladder. Previous ladder was real thick when closed, its the one that comes with the tent but it was barely long enough to be useful on top of the 4runner. This ladder is for 8' lengths so i have some rungs to spare. Also takes up less room on top when folded so the bag is a little easier to put back on.

9JwwUyUh.jpg

changed the velcro straps to lashing straps so i can really cinch down the tent when closing. Sometimes the fabric holds some air and makes it difficult if not tucked properly.

wJybUZ2h.jpg

Installed a real hitch, not the OEM 4 bolts on the cross member hitch that i always felt was sketchy. Also relocated my backup cam to the swing gate instead of the hitch plug.

cQDdOueh.jpg

xQ9RlnLh.jpg

Also bought a new camp stove. I had to find one that fit the measurements of my cook table on my drawer set up and the Coleman fit the bill. I am keeping it in place with 6 L brackets since its 1/8" from the top of the drawers once closed so this will keep the stove in place so i dont need to store it elsewhere.

pc69qZVh.jpg

Camping in two weeks, so trying to get it ready asap

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Went camping out in Pismo again, didnt get a ton of photos but heres a few from the weekend.

zbG2BJsh.jpg

lDQnvBZh.jpg

UzWv3Seh.jpg

huFboAmh.jpg

new tent and fridge did great. The fridge was awesome for bringing meat and not having to worry about ice.

Reactions: Smith

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Rebuilt my CV axles this weekend over the easter break. Was easy and much needed, they had torn awhile ago but recently gotten worse. With trips coming up this summer i had to do it soon.

2uMSQWch.jpg

0sZezuvh.jpg

Once completed i washed it to get all the salt and CV grease off the lower arms.

lexo4Fxh.jpg

Before i washed it though i test fit the bypass mounts to see how and if anything would get in the way.

KvLvEUph.jpg

EDIT: Also added my removable fuelpax mounts to test fit for the next trip. Two 3.5 gals on the spare.

r1fNFLOh.jpg

Reactions: Connor