scan cable vs autcal??

Silver04

DA04
Aug 7, 2012
Firebaugh Ca
Well getting ready to order my tune from BBP but I cant decied if I want the scan cable or autocal.
What have you guys used? What are the pros and cons of each? Also witch would be better for down the road mods ex. Cam stall etc.

heres the big diff, the scan cable they collect data, make a tune and send you the computer, you install it and send the cable and original computer back to them. Its like a in person tune, without being in person. If you want to retune, you have to do the same thing again,

Autocal, you get a cable, you run the truck, then email it to justin, he makes the tune, and emails it to you, and you install it in the truck, need a retune, you can install it just have to email him.

I believe its all correct. I have only done in person tunes and mail order.

06_crewcab_ss

May 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
I have the autocal on mine. All you do is plug the autocal into the obd2 and datalog, upload the log to your computer and send it to him to look over and write your tune. Once he's done with the tune, he'll send an email with it attached, you'll download it and load it into the autocal, then just plug back into the obd2 and upload the tune. It's super easy and only takes like a minute to upload the tune. Plus if you ever need a retune or anything you just datalog onto the autocal and send an email with the log and what you changed, they'll update the tune and you do just like before put it on the autocal and upload to truck.

They have directions for the autocals on the site after you buy it, you have to log in with the serial # on the autocal. Its super easy to follow and do everything.

I love my autocal, definitely glad I got it. But I never had a mail order or in person tune before it so I can't compare the different methods. I know with the autocal you'll do a before and after tune log so they can make sure everything is right, they'll keep tweaking the tune until everything is right

Silver04

DA04
Aug 7, 2012
Firebaugh Ca
I have the autocal on mine. All you do is plug the autocal into the obd2 and datalog, upload the log to your computer and send it to him to look over and write your tune. Once he's done with the tune, he'll send an email with it attached, you'll download it and load it into the autocal, then just plug back into the obd2 and upload the tune. It's super easy and only takes like a minute to upload the tune. Plus if you ever need a retune or anything you just datalog onto the autocal and send an email with the log and what you changed, they'll update the tune and you do just like before put it on the autocal and upload to truck.

They have directions for the autocals on the site after you buy it, you have to log in with the serial # on the autocal. Its super easy to follow and do everything.

I love my autocal, definitely glad I got it. But I never had a mail order or in person tune before it so I can't compare the different methods. I know with the autocal you'll do a before and after tune log so they can make sure everything is right, they'll keep tweaking the tune until everything is right

This is the main reason why I would buy the autocal. I dont wanna deal with sending back and forth the computer for retunes.

06_crewcab_ss

May 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Well if you do the scan cable they'll send you a new computer with your new tune then you ship the old one back, but I definitely prefer the autocal for the convenience of email tuning rather then having to deal with shipping and all. The autocal is more money but it was worth it to me.