Say hello to my 'new' truck

DylanVK

Jun 5, 2012
Well, its new to me anyways. :D
Here she is... what I've been scraping my pennies together for and the truck I've wanted for as long as I can remember.

1967 Chevy C10 short bed.

As it sits now sporting a pretty basic, carb'd small block, 700R4, updates with 4 wheel discs, factory a/c, airride on all 4 corners (2 viair comps with dual recovery tanks) in Sunburst orange metallic paint. Body and paintwork (minus swirls from the previous owner) are about 95% perfect... whoever did the body and paint did an excellent job, its been wet sanded to perfection, pretty much no trace of orange peel, from my meter still plenty of clear left to work with as well.

Full oak bed, factory tank relocated to the rear of the bed with a center bed gas cap. Rear end has been fully shaved, love everything about it personally except the tail lights... more on that later.

Rolling on a brand new (literally they still had the stickers on them when I picked it up) 20x9.5 Boss wheels and tires. Considering changing the wheels, but for now these are growing on me.

Interior is like new. Full woodgrain grant steering wheel with tilt column, power windows, removed vent windows. Dark gray tweed seating surfaces with cream vinyl everywhere else. The dash pad looks a little tired so I'll try to clean that up, if not it'll need to be replaced, but good enough for now.

Restoration is about 3 years old, all of 3000 miles on the rebuilt engine and it starts and runs perfect. Made the 4 hour drive back north to my house after picking it up in 80+ heat and stop/go traffic without so much as a hiccup. Other than the oil leak couldn't be happier with how its running.

At this point I have a pretty short to do list:
  • Track down a small oil leak - seems to be pointing to the rear main seal, hope its not, but if it is that'll need to be addressed.[/*]
  • AC compressor has an occasional squeak, so need to tear that down and find that before the weather gets too hot.[/*]
  • Gas tank reads a little erratic - need to trace the problem or simply update the float/gauge. We'll see.[/*]
  • Right now believe its running a tad rich as the restoration was done in California so not sure its setup for our thin CO air.[/*]
  • Lastly, the tail lights HAVE TO GO. Not sure what went thru the previous owners head when he put those in, but I'm not a fan.[/*]
So enough rambling... here she is pre-detail. The coming weeks it will be getting a full decon, correction, and plenty of protection.

_DSC0232_zpsfe66da9a.jpg

_DSC0233_zpsbfc2a6ca.jpg

_DSC0236_zps3b291c24.jpg

_DSC0237_zpsf06a813d.jpg

_DSC0240_zps2093fa65.jpg

_DSC0241_2_zps2c65992a.jpg

_DSC0242_zpsb244f090.jpg

_DSC0246_zps4d2cfe5f.jpg

Fully aired up -

_DSC0247_zps5fb8d5a9.jpg

I hate you!

So sick..not crazy about the fully shaved rear, never have really liked molded tailgates but that thing is badass! I do feel like with the darker color it needs a polished/chrome wheel though.

Any aired out pictures?

I hate you!

So sick..not crazy about the fully shaved rear, never have really liked molded tailgates but that thing is badass! I do feel like with the darker color it needs a polished/chrome wheel though.

Any aired out pictures?

I love the shaved tailgate, just not the tail lights.

I also hear you on the wheels... they're growing on me, but thinking of going with something else in the future. They are literally brand new - the truck was stored with a set o fsteel 17's on it and these were put on the day before I picked it up. Tires still had the stickers on the tread.

The first shot is fully aired out. Its not setup to lay (yet) which is actually OK with me b/c this truck will be more of a driver... the air at this point is more of a comfort thing - I can roll it with tire tucked and still be just off the bump stops, or I can air up and be really comfortable flying down the freeway. Eventual plans might include cutting into the frame to get it lower, but truth be told when I started shopping for a C10 I was mostly interested in static suspension trucks - the air on this is more of an added bonus for now.

Gotcha..kinda thought that might have been aired out. Looks great regardless, just minor things that I would want different for my own liking but if you like it then thats all that matters! I definitely wouldnt turn it down the way it is though!

Saw it on IG and absolutely drooled. That color is so sick! Congrats man, I'll own one some day.

Oh, and happy belated bday! :crazy:

Gotcha..kinda thought that might have been aired out. Looks great regardless, just minor things that I would want different for my own liking but if you like it then thats all that matters! I definitely wouldnt turn it down the way it is though!

Certainly not done - the goal was to get something that was close to how I wanted it paint/body wise... the rest I could work on over time. It definitely could benefit from a full porterbuilt suspension (thats $$$$ I'll have to spend later) and I'm sure I'll have some money tied up in the powerplant going forward. Basically wanted something to drive in the summer/spring - then come winter I'll tear a part of it down and tackle a few projects.

Wouldn't feel right not changing it up some - this is someone elses idea of how it should have been done - not mine :)

Haha I hear that man..looking forward to what you do with it! This is my favorite bodystyle so id definitely like to own one myself one day

Saw it on IG also. Love these trucks and definitely a dream to own one as well one day! Looking forward to seeing you make it your own! Congrats man :shake:

Edit: sounds like I rewrote Dakotas comment :rofl:

love the truck...but as some say the rear end needs something. bring some chrome into the rear and do something with the taillights and it would look 10x better. very nice clean setup on that truck with the subtle touches as well as the old classic new modern technology integration.

I know I said it on FB, but that thing is so sick! I can't wait to get my 68 suburban out of paint so I can staart working on it. If you decide to 86 those wheels let me know. I would pick them up for my burb.