Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
1991 Isuzu pickup S even traded my 00 civic

I have been wanting this truck for awhile. It was taken care of and done right until it was sold too guys who did not care to give it the attention it deserves. The body is really straight, dent in between cab and bed, and one where the rear bumper goes. So luckily they are hidden. The paint is garbage, and was sanded down to dull it. I'm unsure why but he liked it that way. Front passenger fender was body worked and has some primer on it but it is straight and the dent is gone. Basically with very minor work itll be ready for paint when the time comes, until then its to remain the same. Has SS bumper cover over stock front bumper, im still undecided if i like this or not. Its easily removable though. Has Amigo wide front fenders to allow turning while riding low.

Truck has been in a magazine and took home a couple of awards being Isuzus around here aren't common and not many are in its class at shows. The interior is in great condition. It needs carpet, and a window roller. There are no cracks in the dash board or stains. Everything is functional including the ice cold A/C and heat. New motor and new clutch have appx 5k miles on them and it runs damn strong for a carb motor.

Its bagged and bodied 3". Bag over axle. 5gal tank, 4 valve and a viair 480. Running on a AVS switch pad. battery is relocated into the bed with an aluminum cover. Fuel cell is in the bed as well, aluminum. Was built to daily drive and was DD'd for awhile

First things.
- Dress up all wiring in cab and then lay carpet.
-rewire radio W/ new speakers
-fix window roller handle
-Run a air pressure gauge into the cab for the tank pressure
-figure out how to get a bigger alternator to run a second viair 480 that came with the truck.
-re-connect fuel gauge.
-replace fgt side mirrors with OE mirrors
-fix front blinkers
-sand off black spray paint from the fuel cell and battery cover and restore to original aluminum finish
-buy new rear bumper

Shitty pictures, but this is all I have for now. I just got the truck and am still working on the paper work and title.

Last edited:

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
you missed one:

-replace gay ass SS bumper

Its different thats the only reason I consider keeping it. However sometimes it looks like it doesnt belong its just too much of a "lip" look to me. It just over the stock bumper it takes 2 minutes to remove, and the stock bumper under is painted the same green so either way its good.

Definitely would have traded civic. Looks like a fun little project.
Civic needed work, this truck needs some work to bring it back to life. However i would not hesitate to daily drive either.
I feel as if it was a fair trade, i got a project show truck like i wanted he got a project civic like he wanted.
Should be fun since nothing major is wrong just little odds and ins that i need to address

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
well got it all legal now. Put about 120 miles on it this weekend.

Deff needs new rear shocks and some more sound deadener. But overall i cant complain. It drives good. Gets plenty of lift with the current tank.

Will be ordering mirrors,window roller handle, and taillights this week. Tinted taillights make me nervous.
Carpet and some more sound deadener will come hopefully the following week. I plan on driving it out to Last resort show.

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
If the motor wasnt new and i had the funds id consider it, but for the time being im not replacing a very sound motor.

UPDATES:
rewired radio, with new speakers (rockford fosgate power series)
New OE taillights
New OE mirrors
Parts for dual needle gauge are in and will be done this weekend.

Having an issue, when i get on the brakes while riding low it wants to jerk left so ill be looking into that as well this weekend.
Updated pictures coming soon (cant post pictures while at work)

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
alright guys, update!

first a few random pictures since the only ones posted are shitty.

Throw back

Last Resort show with some close friends

So as said the mirrors and tails had to go, replaced with OE parts. Mirrors will be eventually repainted when i go to paint the truck all over. I also replaced the speakers with Power series rockford's!

Next was a buff job done by me, just to clear it up some paint isnt staying forever.

CURRENT: started work on bed. It was terrible when i got it.

How I got the truck besides it did have stock tubs this is after we cut the stock tubs out (thanks to peyton for the help)

Where we at today, little more tubing done than this just not pictures. bassically up front the bed will be flush the bottom of the bed lip. and flush with the tubs. It will be a cover that open to fill the gas and get to the battery. The reason i did this was i want this truck fully fuctionable and everything to get to. Besides with the triangulated 4 link under bed room is really limited. The center will drop down after the cover and be flat all the way back between the tubs to the tailgate. Eventually itll be bed lined.

similar color i plan to paint it when the time comes (more of tealish color)

This weekend ill be pulling the transmission to change the throwout bearing if i have time i may work on the bed some. Hoping to make it to LST with it.

Last edited:

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
Looks good Sam. Nice idea for the bed, will look good and stay functional.

thanks, yea id love to throw it all under the bed but i have no room and it would be a hassle to get to. Being i plan to drive it often i chose this route which i think is gonna be pretty nice. Will also have room in the front box/compartment for tools/parts

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
well clutch exploded over the weekend so no progress on bed :mad:

Did the clutch swap on a lift, was the biggest pain in the ass. Had trans unbolted and ready to come out in 1 hour. It took me over 2 hours to wiggle and maneuver the trans out due to the body drop. The floor pan wasnt tubbed for the trans so the trans has a very tight fit so it looks like after LST the transmission hump will be getting cut out and raise. Took it off lift and drove it around to my surprise it actually worked (never done clutch swap in my life) then i noticed i forgot dust shield, put it back on the lift and broke clutch cable while installing dust shield :banghead: so hopefully ill have that fixed next weekend
Will try to post picture this afternoon once im home of the old clutch.

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
20x8.5 raceline stunnas I'm consider buying. Have one to test fit needs a little trimming and of course tubbing but she fits.

640f238aba365fb4d7a13bf19d856003.jpg

0db6055cfe430ca2cf9f1af2236e8650.jpg

2f9653649c9481c5c55d02d9334a2f3b.jpg

5e6635b500c52a6e90ac60b9ac61fac0.jpg

Lil throwback of the truck on caddy wheels
2d42605437174e1ea8e38bbb7d32410e.jpg