Rubbing on 4/6 question...

I think Chris runs that size on his rcsb, pretty sure I've seen others do it also.

Quite a few people run that size on NNBS trucks with a 4/6 or 4/7 drop. Might rub a smidge on big bumps or at full lock, but it should be tolerable.

Last edited:
Thanks all... I def should be good then, I have a little more space available as I've done the nor-cal mod from when I was running the 33's and level. Plan to upgade wheels to 22 in the spring just wanted to make sure the winter wheels and tires were going to be good to go...

I've got the 275/55's on my current wheels and don't rub at all with my 4/7 man. Every once in awhile on large bumps the rear tires will hit the rear fender wells but that's the only problem I've ever had. I've never rubbed my front fenders, it's a little close at full lock but nothing to worry about in my opinion.

how much rubbin am I going to have with a 4/6 on 285/45/22's? Cause they are a bit bigger than the factor 275/55/20's

how much rubbin am I going to have with a 4/6 on 285/45/22's? Cause they are a bit bigger than the factor 275/55/20's

the front will rub with a 285/45/22, I had the same drop on my 2010 Silverado and it was so bad that it rubbed threw the plastic inner fenders. Just go with a smaller tire and you will be ok.

the front will rub with a 285/45/22, I had the same drop on my 2010 Silverado and it was so bad that it rubbed threw the plastic inner fenders. Just go with a smaller tire and you will be ok.

I was thinking of going with a 285/40/22 instead. I just want the fender well filled up nice and not having small tires. Anyone have pics of a 4/6 on 285/40/22's?

My dad's 08 rcsb is 3/6.5 on 305/40/22 if that helps any, I'd personally run 285/40/20 on a 4/7 nnbs because it still fills the fender fine and doesn't look like it's shoved in the fender, plus it'll never rub

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 4

I picked up the 285/45/22's in the summer down in the states for cheap, so what I'll do is sell them up here in Canada for more and then when I come back down next summer I'll get the 285/40/22's for probably what I'll get for the 45's up here. and then I am set. In the mean time I'll just set the drop at 3/5 with 45's. When the truck is dropped smaller wheels fill the wheel better so it should look good. Thanks for all the info guys!