James

Mar 21, 2012
The Boot
I have some questions and hopefully this will help others as well as far as routine Maintenance on our GM Vehicles.

I want to try to take care of all maintenance I can do to help truck improve mileage with the current economy and gas prices.

So far, Truck is a 2006 CCSB 4.8L

Mods:
Truckshop Tuned w/ 93 octane
LPP LT's/ORY
Vette Servo
K&N FIPK

Currently Sits on GMC Sierra Machined 20's with Chevy Caps on 275/55/20s and 2" shackles with leaf spring clamp on passenger side.

Recent Maintenance:
Retuned to the 275/55/20s with 91 octane
New Monroe Shocks
New Moog Hub Assemblies w/ Whisper quiet Front brakes
New Moog Ball Joints
New Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings and End Links
Seafoamed through brake booster 3 weeks ago
Checked and added Rear end fluid
Greased all zerks when I added the Energy Suspension Material
Change Oil every 3k ( 5 quarts of Castrol or Pennzoil 10W30 and 1 qt of Marvel Mystery Oil)
Every other fuel up I add fuel treatment or Octane Booster for shits and giggles

Upcoming Maintenance:
New Moog U-joints
Will Clean Mass Air Flow Sensor and Throttle Body
Will Clean the K&N
Investing in some AC Delco Spark Plugs 41-110
Investing in some AC Delco Spark Plug Wires 9748HH
total cost for plugs and wires new off ebay are $88 shipped

FUTURE PLANS:
Tru-Cool 40k
373s or 390s

What are some other things that I can do that wont brake the bank? As I recently done all these "upgrades" over the past 2-3 months.

Said truck as it sits now

DSCN2719 by bigtribaltatts70, on Flickr

Last edited:

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
373s or 390s wont help / improce mileage....

But good looking truck

Oh God you're running Pennzoil? please stop! Pennzoil=SLUDGE. Shitzoil as my local mechanic calls it. do some research, there is numerous links via Google search about it. I strongly recommend you switch to Valvoline Next Gen, or Royal Purple.

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
gtfo, my wifes car ran 157k miles on it, bought it brand new, never had anything else in it!

11 years, 150k+ pennzoil, maybe you should google bobistheoilguy

James

Mar 21, 2012
The Boot
Just to bump this for myself

Non Maintenance Upgrades:
Ditched 22" Magnaflow 14590 for 34" Magnaflow 13740
E-Cutout Installed
2.5/6 drop
hardwired radar detector
New DDM LED's in interior
New V-LEDs 6k strips wired in for footwells.
OEM Tails back on

Upcoming Maintenance:

New Moog U-joints DONE
Will Clean the K&N DONE
Investing in some AC Delco Spark Plugs 41-110 DONE
Investing in some AC Delco Spark Plug Wires 9748HH DONE
Will Clean Mass Air Flow Sensor and Throttle Body

FUTURE PLANS:
Tru-Cool 40k DONE
DEFINITELY 410S and le TruTrac

As it sits now

6D0868B4-85E4-4763-B638-3BF4EA7F0B8F by bigtribaltatts70, on Flickr

Last edited:

James

Mar 21, 2012
The Boot
^Thanks Jacob, they are OEM polished LTZs.. love them way more than the sierras that I had... Stands out tremendously.

Also, had the little gold bowtie painted dark ming blue as well to match the truck, subtle differences.

07burb

May 11, 2012
^Thanks Jacob, they are OEM polished LTZs.. love them way more than the sierras that I had... Stands out tremendously.

Also, had the little gold bowtie painted dark ming blue as well to match the truck, subtle differences.

wow!!! I've never seen the polished LTZ's shine like that!! very impressive. That's the only thing I don't like about the polished LTZ's is that so much of the time you see them and they're all stained and look like crap but those are super clean. and I definitely noticed the blue bowties. nice touch!

James

Mar 21, 2012
The Boot
These where very well taken care of.. I havent posted pics like I used to. But once I install my helpers ( need to buy them first) I will clean them up and take some pics.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Truck is looking good James.

And you guys can run whatever oil you want, but I run Amsoil in both my truck and my wife's car.
I need to change the oil in my rear end soon. I have a few quarts on Amsoil Severe Gear oil ready for it.

Da_Rebel

Just another guy
Mar 8, 2012
Sanger, TX
Those wheels look nice James! For the record, I run Mobil 1 synthetic in my truck. I just upgraded to an Amsoil air filter from stock, mostly because I heard they were the best at micro-filtering.

baldd86

Mar 9, 2012
Nice write up I need to add this to my to do list

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

IMI4tth3w

Jan 27, 2011
San Antonio, TX
might as well pick up an HD2 shift kit while you do the trans fluid flush. take a wild guess who bought their HD2 about 2 weeks after a trans flush and still has it sitting in his closet?

oh yeah this guy <<

also you might want to get a grease gun and some grease and check all your grease points.

hows your steering? solid? i guess when you don't have oversized tires its not as much as a problem

Last edited:

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
Also, if you have not changed your transmission filter and fluid, I would do that soon too. I changed mine and actually flushed it too. Here's a write up I did on another forum.
How to: Flush your transmission on a GMT800 GM truck - Truck Mod Central

Just so everyone knows, GM recommends never actually flushing trans fluid on a transmission connected to an LS motor (or any other modern GM for that matter). Swapping pan filters and the oil in the pan every 50,000mi will suffice. On Allison transmissions the filter in the pan never needs to be changed, just the external trans filter. Seems to go against everything we are taught about maintaining vehicles, but this is the information stated on Service Information (SI) from GMconnect available at Certified Service centers. I worked at a dealership and even the transmission technicians have never and will never completely flush a transmission.

Edit: Tried to log into GMconnect to find a source with my old tech. password, but it has been locked :nono:, someone with this access can back me up.

Last edited: