low2thaearth

Apr 18, 2014
www.facebook.com
Ok fellas, I've been researching for 5 days now on a problem I have with my 2012 Silverado 5.3l. I installed a Spectre brand CAI and I followed directions 100% and since install I have had rough idle, power loss(like truck is running in v4 mode), and stalls at startup. I've installed dozens of intakes from this company with no issues in the past. My last truck(4.8l Sierra) had same style intake and I had zero issues with install. I have checked my connections at least a dozen times and am 100% there are no air leaks anywhere. Have verified maf sensor is installed correctly. Even cleaned Maf with MAF cleaner and as of today replaced MAF with new OEM one. Still no change. I have unhooked negative battery cable and let sit for anywhere from 15min to 24 hours to attempt to reset everything and allow it to relearn. Still no change. I have verified filter is not full of oil and restricting air flow. Have tried a couple different filters I had laying around also. Still no luck. Is there anything I'm missing? Just want to make sure before I put it all back to stock. Any input or help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I was going to suggest putting the stock parts back on to see if the problem persists, but you seem to already have that as your last resort option.

Other than that, I'd say double check all connections and clamps. Personally I'd put it back to stock and see if that changes anything.

CAIs really don't do much anyway, they're a waste of money IMO and they usually suck in hotter air if it isn't in an enclosed box.

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
Is it a dry filter or an oiled filter. If it is an oiled filter I bet it's over oiled and you need to clean your maf

low2thaearth

Apr 18, 2014
www.facebook.com
It's an oiled filter and I already checked to make sure it wasn't over oiled. Ending up finding problem, somehow the fuse labeled engine was blown. I guess I accidently blew it hooking up intake. How I don't know bc I unhooked battery. Either way, problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk