cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Never mind. Still running like shit. Only code that came up was for cylinder 3 miss fire. Replaced all plugs, cylinder 3 seemed a little oily.

Maybe it needs new o2 sensors...

What's a good brand for those? Bosch?

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
I need my flash scan from bbp so I don't have to keep going back to parts store to get this damn thing read.

Going to drive a around a little bit after class and then get codes read again. If it shows up for cylinder 3 again I'm going to swap a wire or coil.

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Changed coil, no good. Still po303 code. Thinking wires next then look at te injector.

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Another thing, idling and low rpms ses light stays on, heavy throttle/high rpms and cruise it flashes.

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
miss fire, your plugs are fouled up

nm read that u replaced them, do a compression test on cylinder number 3

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
does knocking sound come from around cyl 3 area? Computer might think u have a bad cyl but ur actually knocking from bad rod or piston. Swap injectors if you still cant fix with wire swap.

SES light flashes because pcm thinks that cyl is misfiring, but it might be rod nock.

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Only knocked once when my buddy shut it off after we poured seafoam into it. He shut it off then it knocked during its final rotation I guess. Was still runnin after I put seafoam.

I'm thinking either injector or fried the cylinder. I swapped plug wires but haven't driven it yet.

Oh also I poured about a 1/4 of the can into less then 1/4 tank of gas and ran till I was almost out.

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
In tank either unclogged something in ur rail and its stuck at the injector, bad wire or the entire process fucked that cylinder up :emo:

Leakdown and compression tests will tell u if that cylinder is toast

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Fuck me. I hope it's nothing major. Hope either the wires are shot or the injector is clogged.

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
I would think if I fucked anything up majorly then it would have showed up right after. I drove over 150 miles before it went freak mode, that has me thinking something clogged injector, but what do I know

IMI4tth3w

Jan 27, 2011
San Antonio, TX
your better off just not using seafoam. guess its too late now.

seafoam will break down a lot of built up carbons and shit that needs to be burned off and exited through your exhaust. hence all the smoke that comes out.

when i seafoamed, i let my truck run and revved it until no more white smoke came out and then +5 min. this was about 75k miles ago though.

clogged injector is sounding probable. pull them out and give em a nice cleaning with some carb/brake cleaner.

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
I let seafoam sit 5 mins, cranked it up and revved it, then drive it hard for a few miles or until it quit white smoking.

Hope it's the injector. If not then has to be something internal:gasp:

Peyton676

Mar 10, 2012
Le Boot
His 5.3 has lots of miles,burns oil and starting to smoke blue
He overheated the truck
Your mobile one in the other thread looks normal btw,it gets black quick
My truck has 201xxx on mobile 1
You should have stayed with conventional oil too,synthetic burns easier bc its so slick
No going back now.

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
His 5.3 has lots of miles,burns oil and starting to smoke blue
He overheated the truck
Your mobile one in the other thread looks normal btw,it gets black quick
My truck has 201xxx on mobile 1
You should have stayed with conventional oil too,synthetic burns easier bc its so slick
No going back now.

If his is blowing blue smoke probably the seafoam cleaned all the shit that was probably in around the walls and the on ring. Sounding like a toast piston ring to me.