cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Seafoamed my truck this past weekend through break booster hose. Drove 150 miles to atlanta after. Got to apartment, went to leave and cranked truck up and it has a rough idle, flashin ses light, and seems the be miss firing at all rpms. I disconnected battery, no help.

Will get codes read ASAP.

Any ideas? Maybe plugs fouled after sea foam?

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
yalp, 90% sure its fouled plug, cant think of anything else that causes MIL to flash, go to an auto parts store and read the code to find which one is misfiring and swap it out.

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
Yep, I think the internet recommends u change plugs after foaming. Flashing SES light is BAD..usually bad misfire or bad knocking. Did u hydrolock the engine when u let the sf get sucked in?

Bill

Apr 7, 2012
McDonough, GA
Every time I do any type of fuel injection cleaning service I run the flush, once all of the fluid is gone fev it up to 4k - 5k rpm a couple of times (to blow out any left over deposits), change spark plugs, and then clear the DTCs (because 95% of the time it will set a code).

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
I only put in about a 1/4 of can, slow pour with motor rev to 1-1.5k to keep from dying. Did make a knock sound right when my buddy shut truck off to let is sit. Though might have been fuel knock?

I will get codes read. Thing is I just unhooked battery last night. Should I drive it around a bit before I get them checked?

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
Wont matter if you unhooked battery, a misfire will show up on a code reader immediately. IIRC when pouring a petroleum product in through a vacuum line you want to run the truck until the knocking completely stops, doubt you hydrolocked since he shut it off himself

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Ran truck for about 10 seconds after I finished pouring. Cut off and then it made the knock noise.

Will pull some tomorrow morning or later tonight.

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Cool, thanks guys. Hope that solves the problem. Im about 99% sure I didn't hydrolock it. Just freaked me out when I heard that one knock right when my buddy shut it off. Does knock a tad when cranked up, seems to come from under truck, but it's done that since I have had the 6.0. Think it's an exhaust leak.

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
If it knocked when he turned it off, its not a big deal...it mightve been a problem if u were revving it up and it hydrolocked. If u cant notice any difference in the engine noise you had before, ur fine....just clean up ur plugs or change them if its that time anyways. I bought my truck used @98k, had oem plugs still so I decided to do seafoam and oil change/plugs after.

Did it smoke a lot after?

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
Smoked a good bit, not as much as my friends dodge. Not sure how old these plugs are or if he reused the ones out of my 5.3 when he installed the 6.0.