Rough Country Lowering Kit

BluGreen_NBS

May 17, 2016
Dallas
Has anyone tried this kit? This kit is a 2/4 drop but it has a flip kit already. I would love to hear opinions on it. I'm rooting for it because after it, it'll be so easy to drop to 4/6 if the 2/4 isn't low enough.

TwistedWrangler

Feb 24, 2016
Terrible Haute, IN
The McG economy kit is that way too. To go to 4/6 with it you just need spindles. At least on a crew cab it is anyway. If the price wasn't too much more I think I'd go McG. I have the kit but haven't had time to get it put on yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BluGreen_NBS

May 17, 2016
Dallas
The McG economy kit is that way too. To go to 4/6 with it you just need spindles. At least on a crew cab it is anyway. If the price wasn't too much more I think I'd go McG. I have the kit but haven't had time to get it put on yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I'm probably gonna do some more research and weigh my options out.

TwistedWrangler

Feb 24, 2016
Terrible Haute, IN
I forgot, you will also need the C notch if you go 6" with the McG. I has a flip kit but not the notch. NOt such a bad thing though. I think when the time comes I will go with a different company for the notch. I want to go as big as possible without getting into the bed.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I forgot, you will also need the C notch if you go 6" with the McG. I has a flip kit but not the notch. NOt such a bad thing though. I think when the time comes I will go with a different company for the notch. I want to go as big as possible without getting into the bed.
Avs underbed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

drewcrew

Nov 13, 2015
Has anyone tried this kit? This kit is a 2/4 drop but it has a flip kit already. I would love to hear opinions on it. I'm rooting for it because after it, it'll be so easy to drop to 4/6 if the 2/4 isn't low enough.
How does a flip kit only give you 4" in the rear ?

drewcrew

Nov 13, 2015
Lift shackle to lift the rear from 7" or 6" back up to 4"

Or you could use a 2" drop front spring hanger and a 2" drop shackle to get a 4" drop. But if you think you might want to go lower later your way would be better.