Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
It was inevitable considering it's a 10 year old truck that's spent it's entire 150k miles in the north east. So the question is whats next? It really bothers me bc there is no other body rust on the truck anywhere so I'd like to fix it.

una9e8a9.jpg
3emy9yhe.jpg

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
^this bring it to a shop they will replace it with new rockers and most likely cab corners

also the rockers are higher gauge then stock rockers and some of the shops in Ontario :canuck: make it that its open on the inside so when people under coat their truck before winter they can actually get some in there and also be able to pressure wash the salt out at points during the winter.

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Make sure you go up to the shop or have them send you a picture of your truck with the rockers actually cut out with a big hole on the side of your truck. Too many shops sand, putty, and paint rust these days then return it to you when that's not what you asked for.

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Yeah I guess I should get some quotes...I'm sure it won't be cheap

Nope it won't. Probably looking around $1k. Get some quotes and buy the parts off eBay your self to save a lot. That what I'm doing. I'll have mine replaced and painted for about $600

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
my quote was like $900 but that included touching up the hood and clearing it along with some other minor rock chips ......your hook up is bad bro

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
lmao come to the NE everything is more expansive.

any normal body shop around here your looking at like 3k
Almost to the penny of a rough over the phone quote a place I've used before gave me...but I'm gonna call around and see who I know

Time to bondo, spray paint, sell lol

Kyles03

nbs
Jan 26, 2011
Minnesota
I'm going through the same fucking deal.

One shop quoted me $2500 to do both sides, cab corners and all 4 of my door seams. Not sure if that included blending the paint from cab corner to ext. cab door.

Different shop yesterday quoted me $3,000 for both sides, and the price would go up from there to do the door seams and blend the ext. cab doors because they're replacing the cab corners.

I need more quotes, but my passenger front fender needs replacing also. I might as well do the fucking drivers side fender as well before that one pops. Thinking about all this gives me a headache...

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I don't know about u neers but I'm not selling my troka bc of a little rust that can be fixed for the price of new tires. I don't sell my truck when it needs $1500 Toyos lol $3k sounds redic to me.

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
It was mostly in jest. I like my current payments($0)to much to get rid of it for something so minor

And to speak to the 3k number, like Bryan said, welcome to the northeast, everything is expensive but that's where cost of living comes in. Best example I can give is my house. Appraised at 135k if I was in say Ohio it'd only be maybe 50k.

Last edited:

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
I'm going through the same fucking deal.

One shop quoted me $2500 to do both sides, cab corners and all 4 of my door seams. Not sure if that included blending the paint from cab corner to ext. cab door.

Different shop yesterday quoted me $3,000 for both sides, and the price would go up from there to do the door seams and blend the ext. cab doors because they're replacing the cab corners.

I need more quotes, but my passenger front fender needs replacing also. I might as well do the fucking drivers side fender as well before that one pops. Thinking about all this gives me a headache...

Neer I told you I could get you a hookup in mason, for 3k the dude would probably respray the entire truck

Fourstar07

Jan 23, 2011
insurance should cover salt damage... i think those prices are fair boys, i heard from guys its a bigger bitch to do yourself than we might think

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
I don't think the numbers are out of line really. Especially for the amount of time and work that goes into doing it right. But you are right insurance should cover it but likely don't

Fourstar07

Jan 23, 2011
i know they won't cover it, but what i was getting at is it would be really nice if they did :hmm: