RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014

Picked up a stock bumper from a guy with a pretty sweet dmax on a sweet cst lift that someone overpaid for

Still need the clips to attach the lower valence but I'm already much happier than with the ss cover.

I really don't even like the ss cover at all idk what the eff happened. I just hate them on lifted trucks now.

In other news ,

Truck has brown coolant. So that's awesome. Also recently got a coolant level low alert on the dash so where should I start sourcing out the coolant leak and why the faak there's oil in it ? (Asking her first but will be hitting the interwebs immediately after posting this so please done answer with "search bar")

Definitely going to put my quest for a 60 and suspension correction on hold for this , plus my gf just picked up a Audi A6 Quattro so I can drive that around

Just got an oil change about 15 miles ago too

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
the oil change place took out a bunch of coolant out and mixed a few drops of oil in the reservoir just to fuck with your head lol

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
I wish that was all that happened but my friend runs the shop and I participated in the oil change so I know that's not the issue ,

The interwebs have not been promising tonight, I was hoping for an easy answer but there's many possible reasons and none of them sound like something I want to do

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
So my gf got an Audi A6 turbod little shit and with my radiator needing to be replaced I've just had the itch to add some performance toy motor ,

So I have pacesetter LT ceramic headers and CAI but I wanna start adding to it , was thinking of starting with an intake choice before going super far and doing a cam and all that interior motor stuff
So what are opinions on different intake setups and gains like ls6 or ls2 intake or what else do people do

Just barely starting to read about performance and I'm not even going to ask about a cam until I have better understanding of what they have to offer with torque vs hp and top vs bottom yada yada ,

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
have owned this truck for almost three years now , and in the first two i wouldn't say it wasnt beat really but it was plastered in mud and probably more commonly watery dirt and has left me with a dirty truck that cannot simply be handled with a pressure washer.

So far I've pressure washed under neath the truck and have removed all the mud clumps and it's clean enough for under a truck for me not show truck polished but now I'm starting on the engine bay while the radiator is out and pulled the cai and reservoir , over time I hope I can have a good looking bay but I'm definitely suffering the consequences of all those minutes of "fun"

Still needs a ton and whenever my intake / cam swap comes into play I'll be sure to clean whatever else that clears up. But I'm happy the insulation on the firewall is still in tact and I'd say I'm off to a decent start, not that anybody's gonna be able to see in there anyways

In case you were wondering what it's like to be able to at least kind of reach anything. I'm 6'9" an this still is hard lol

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
So after the radiator swap I learned that it was just the oring in the fitting so I just replaced the whole thing but the quality of it kinda feels cheap. I'll probably keep the oem one and put new orings if it happens again. Don't feel it was a waste tho cause I got a good amount of mud and dirt out of the bay and didn't pay for the radiator

bolts for the lower valence
And stock bumper is on and lookin so much better than the ss gosh what was I thinkin.

Thing needs paint so bad I don't even know why I wash it lol

Also on a side note , added cerwin vega speakers in the front of my truck slowly working to get it to be speakers/tweeters powered by amp and two front seats in the rear with my 15" in the middle. Even tho it's an ext cab and it's gonna be tight fit and the front will have to be up a little to even sit someone back there but I wanna do it anyway

As seen in James pates truck ,

Thought I was brilliant thinking of it and then one day checked his thread and he did it lol. And now I've seen it everywhere but oh well. I wanna join the parade.

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
Some changes are going to be made within the next couple months,
For the rear I belive my zero rate is only set to the 1" back option so I'm going to switch that to the 1.5" option and plan on experimenting with pulling a couple leafs to see where that puts the height and how much softer it gets and since the rear is already lower than the front hopefully that gives me my desired height and I already have a terrible amount of axle wrap, so I understand I do not have rear shocks yet but if shocks don't help it then I'll be adding some trailing/traction bars to stop that even tho I don't like the look of them

For the front , I have located a guy down the street from me with a k30 and he wants 1000 for the 60 or 1500 for the whole truck that ran and drive and passed emissions when it was parked 4 years ago. But I have yet to look at it so I may buy the whole truck over just the axle ,

Either way the front is getting the 60 , my tie rod should swap over because my current heims are almost all the way screwed in and rough guessing with the height oft current steering arm the kingpin steering a should line up with my current drag link. If my current trac bar was just raised on the axle end it would be much more parallel to the drag link so that's another plus.

I also have to understand that I am also going to pull either the bottom 2 or 3 leaves from the front pack to see how that makes them and it should drop it to my desired height as well which should make my drag and trac bar a little more parallel to the ground

And assuming all that goes flawlessly , which I know damn well it won't I then gotta decide on transfer case options np205 or dana 300 but I didn't realize how much is need to know to accomplish those ,
Short shaft vs long shaft 2wd vs 4wd tranny yada yada ,
Have a lot ahead of me but at least a 60 is in my near future at the very least