RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
Should have powdered everything before it went on

Still have a lot of building to do grinding cutting and welding , would be a shame to flap down some PC

And don't wanna waste any money or time putting pc on a dana 44 and even when I get a 60. If have to do both front and rear axles can't just pc one

Also forgot to mention in this thread that I got 8" cst springs for the rear , this thread is always slackin compared to my gmfs one

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
So after further review my dumbass has my truck sitting on a 10bolt gm axle not a d44 which totally sucks but reading some I've learned that the 10 bolts axle shafts can actually be slightly stronger than dana 44s don't know if that's true or not but I guess I'm gonna run it anyways and just located a Chevy dana 60 sooner than later to swap under. Don't think tires bigger than 35s are good for a 10 bolt let alone 37s on x14s let alone the 40s I need ,

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
Order some hangers for the shackles decided to go against making some , and ordered some pre mad gussets so it's not just flat triangles everywhere but the shop is closed until the 8th for KOH so I won't be getting the hangers for a couple weeks :(

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
Jeff has a janky shop do all his suspension so he doesn't understand the actual build process.
Wot.
Sorry bro, I have bigger fish to fry than installing a 12" lift on a 1ton diesel in my backyard.
Especially in the middle of summer, when I'd rather be on my boat :byefelicia:
My time is worth more. Sorry brah

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
Ahem 20" lift DONT GET IT TWISTED ,,

but I can honestly say while I do thoroughly enjoy the build process and that I'm only 21 and have probably years more that I'm going to do it , it woullld be nice to sit on my ass on a boat with hoes and have enough money or lack of care to have at least a janky shop do all my work for me because I have better things to do

But for right now my better thing to do is sit in my backyard working on my truck with my friends drinking beer rather than getting shit faced in snotty clubs everynight and and driving a brand new car my parents bought me like most people in my area/age do at the moment , and I spend plenty of time at the lakes and in the desert at the same time.

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
Got a little update , trucks not gonna be as tall as expected , I was planning on having to lift the rear about 5 inches to match the front with these horseshoe leafs but they aren't turning out to be horseshoes anymore , as pictured in the previous post the leafs measured to 54"

Moved the hangers back a few inches and it seemed to be too far because the shackles went up so moved it forward again hoping the third time was the charm but they bottomed out again and now they are measuring out to 59"

So those of you that claimed my leafs would drop a lot were exactly right , just leaving it for now until I have time another day ,
Sittin on her own weight again but needs adjusting and fender measurements went down to about 59" from 62"

Got some of the front gussets done though still have more plating and some more gussets

My friend didn't want to use the hangers I bought which come in tomorrow so idfk I guess we'll see about that next time I get a chance to work on it ,

Got my steering arm drilled out and also learned that the spacers I have for the lower heim on the drag link don't allow enough articulation to align with my pitman arm so I have to solve that too

Also have located some 18" coilovers that I'm probably gonna buy , already considering linking it and I'm not even done with the leafs but I won't link it until I get a 60

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
I really need to get it out and rollin , I wish it was gonna end up towering 40s but at the same time I'm stoked that it's lookin like those leafs are gonna have a nice ride

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014

So as promising as these pictures looked today sucked some ass. Picked up some cheap longer shackles and totally thought they made the angle better, and solved my issue of the leafs bottoming out and not returning to the proper angle
We even jumped up and down on the truck and the springs just seemed very soft and like it was going to work out.

Banged out the steering with a couple bends was sitting on her own weight again and sitting real high , couldn't find any places to get brake lines made on a Sunday and I wanted to test drive it so I just bent the hard lines and used my stock ones as a temp ghetto rig,
But then I found out the passenger caliper bleeder valve was all stripped out so that prevented it's from driving it ,

Cycled the steering and it would lift and tweak the truck a lot so I need to do some more reading with that

Decided to get it out of the backyard just driving with the ebrake and before I got to the end of the driveway the leafs stretched and the shackles hit that almost up angle to where they couldn't return, don't know why that didn't happen when we were jumping on it , didn't even hit a bump it just dropped.

So now I guess gonna cut off the hanger which sucks because we actually welded it all the way in lol and move it back and try again. I'm think these leafs are either too soft or they are 63 ish springs