removing tint any tips ?

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
so i have to get my safety certificate done to my truck so have to remove tint of the front driver and passenger windows

heard lots of people removing tint after tickets so some of you must have good tricks to do so.

my tint is pretty old i think like 6 years and its scratched on the inside so needs to be redone anyway.

i have watched this video is that the right/ only way to do it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt watch vid...get a good box cutting blade and start at a corner with window almost fully up....start pulling till all u have is glue residue left on glass. Use soap/water combo and spray glass, scrape glass with said blade.

look for new windows on craigslist. have one set be clear the other tinted, anytime u need to go to inspection for ticket or safety certification swap windows go to inspect swap back. Maybe not as easy as removing the tint, but you wont have to pay to get it put back on either :spendmonies:

^what he said. Just water/soap mix in a spray bottle and a fresh razor blade and work slow. Hopefully it'll come off in big pieces. Last time I stripped old tint it came off in tiny pieces and took FOREVER.

Also once you have the tint off, if you have some stubborn residue, cover the door panel with a towel and use a little simple green to scrub the glue off

Sent from TapaTwat

**edit. NOT what Billy said. He just beat me to the post

Last edited:
look for new windows on craigslist. have one set be clear the other tinted, anytime u need to go to inspection for ticket or safety certification swap windows go to inspect swap back. Maybe not as easy as removing the tint, but you wont have to pay to get it put back on either :spendmonies:

i need new tint anyway
and
inspections don't happen here in BC only if you vehicle looks sketchy or if you are importing it from out of province(my case)

i know its fucking crazy :fulloffuck:

Buddy of mine uses something call Mean green he sprays the tint down parks the car in the sun for a few hours let it get hot... then start scraping away

i got a new window for $25 with tint off craigslist, your results may vary.

also thread title is "removing tint any tips ?"
not "removing tint in BC any tips ?" the option i proposed works world wide

didnt watch vid...get a good box cutting blade and start at a corner with window almost fully up....start pulling till all u have is glue residue left on glass. Use soap/water combo and spray glass, scrape glass with said blade.
This. Easiest way I've found to do it. The soap/water mix breaks down the glue extremely well.

I peeled my going 65 mph down the road after getting pissed from 2nd ticket, started corner with pocket knife, cleaned windows with goo gone then window cleaner

Steam and Dawn dish soap/water mix. Steam to help tint peel back, soap/water to remove glue left behind. New box of razorblades and you're good to go. That was the easiest, quickest way to get 'er done at the shop I used to work at. (Tinted & installed stereos) Didn't actually use Dawn dish soap, but salesman told me it's the same thing that he sold us.

ok its done no more tint looks like fucking ass hole now :(

all i did was peel the tint in the corner almost all the way off just so it hanging there.
it didnt leave all that much glue so i just sprayed goo-gone on the windows let sit for 10 mins wiped with rag then did that again and it was clean then pulled the tint all the way off so no goo-gone got behind the door panel then washed with water....

now to find a place to re-tint it after i get my safety and insurance done

i would have just tried to go in with the windows down lol. thats what i do when i go to inspection. but inspection is also free for me. NJ ftw
It doesn't even matter anymore. As long as the cel isn't on and you pass emissions, you could have no windshield and still pass