Removing Sway Bar?

Austin

GMC Owner
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama
I have a 2011 Sierra with a 2.5" level and 35" tires. The tires don't rub any where except on the sway bar if the wheel is turned all way and held all the way. So I searched to see if there were any fixes for this, and saw that someone said to remove it and its not a big deal.

So is it really okay to remove the sway bar? I know it will probably have a bit more body roll. But are there any side effects or long term effects if I remove it? Will it cause a serious drop in handling? Or will it cause anything to wear out quicker?

I'm really just wanting to know if there are any effects or if I will notice a huge difference in driving.

Thanks in advance.

I removed mine about 2 years ago and actually have no idea where it is.

I'm on a 6" lift, 35's, 2.5" shocks, blah blah blah....

Theoretically with correctly valved shocks an IFS platform shouldn't need a massive swaybar application ( some have argued nothing at all)

Give it a try, if you hate it driving around the block re-install it, its uber easy. Let us know what you come up with :up:

Well, I removed it. And the truck did seem to "wonder" and "sway" more, but the ride wasn't much different at all. So I think ill leave it off until I decide to go to smaller tires.

I removed mine on my bagged truck and it tends to dance at highway speeds when its on an uneven road, but not much else changed. I plan on running one at some point, but for now it is fine.