Removing spraypaint from paint

mruester

Dec 3, 2013
Someone has carelessly spray-painted (white) close enough to my dark blue truck to get overspray literally all over the entire truck.

So far i have tried; clay bar, cleaner wax, graffiti remover (safe for paint), WD-40, and just about any other method i've come across on the web with no success. I have recently tried using laquer thinner (scary) and it actually does do a great job at removing the overspray, but it is tedious and time consuming considering i dont want to hurt my paint.

Should i just suck it up and finish the truck this way? Ive done 1/3 of it so far with the thinner with great results. Pics for reference:
2y8ejy7y.jpg
(left door is untouched, right door cleaned with thinner.)

Thanks for the input guys, unfortunately due to christmas coming up i dont have much spare cash to buy new products at the moment, i do have some "Nu Finish" polish laying around the garage ive never touched though. Would this be worth a shot?

I just took off half a truck worth of over spray off my long box. Used My Flex Rotary with a ornage LCC pad with #M ultra cut, ripped it off in no time

Try some turtle wax rubbing compound or polishing compound. Its pretty cheap, and it has a fairly aggressive cut. I use it to polish my wife's headlights every so often.

I've got a machine on the christmas list, and plan on investing in some good products in 2014. I think i'll just finish her up with the laquer thinner followed by paste wax for now, and then strip it down and start fresh when i get all my new detailing tools and chemicals! Thanks everyone.