Sky Mabee

May 30, 2013
Before I get bashed and told "research it" I have been alot. I just have a few questions:

Is there a complete kit out there ready to fab up for a 07 nnbs sierra 5.3?
If I had to build the kit myself, I'm sure there is hundreds of yall out there with the set up, would defiantly need some places to get all parts needed.

The reason I want to go with a rear mount is I really don't want to tear into the engine and put bigger injectors, valve springs, cam, pushrods, ect. I would be pleased with a 70-100hp gain after i get it tuned on a stock 5.3. Which leads to another question:
Would I need to get a bigger fuel pump like a 255 or can I virtually leave everything else alone and just have the rear mount?

Next question: How laggy is this kit? I've read that sense it has to travel so far back up to the engine it's laggy till around 2500rpms before it starts building boost.

Next question: I'm a outdoors man so I'm going to bed going through mud, water, grass, ect will this jack it up or would I be ok?

Next question: I really wanna keep it sleeper looking and not extremely loud, so can you run a muffler after the turbo or does it need to be straight?

Just wanna know if it's honestly worth my time to do it. Thanks guys and Shout Out to my boy Hunter for getting me hooked on doing it! My home is diesel power but why not change it up!

BLK_GMC

Apr 8, 2013
Sts ( squires turbo systems ) make a kit but you'll need a pump and at least 42 lbs injectors. Boost is way different than n/a-nitrous power you need more fuel, I'm having issues with a 255 at only 6lbs going lean. Also unless you plan on running a tube into your bed for the air breather I wouldn't run a rear mount threw water. I'm running a front mount and there's many companies that build good jrs for fairly cheap. KB racing, trick performance, odd ball turbo fab. I recommend a front mount. Plus you say sleeper with a rear mount the turbo is way louder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Go front mount imo. You can still keep boost low and you can go offroad and not worry about your turbo below the truck.

For the price of the sts kits, go through a vendor over on performancetrucks.net and spend less for a quality front mount kit.

Sky Mabee

May 30, 2013
Looks like trick is cheapest I've found. KB is $50 cheaper but closed for the summer.
Basically there is no way around not putting injectors and pump. Which is understandable from my experience with diesels but at 6-8psi I didn't think I would need to upgrade. Whole different ball game.
What's this gate-vented to downpipe option and wide band bung on tricks website? Do I need?
How do I get ahold of a trick vender other than pt.net. Any on here? And I guess a vender for injectors and pump.

I was told 60lb and 255 pump. Would I need bigger smaller for a 70mm, 39mm gate, 50mm BOV?

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
gate-vented to downpipe is the waste gate dump pipe is plumed into the downpipe so it gets routed into the exhaust downstream from the turbo.

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Makes exhasut simpler, not sure much beyond that, I know a little about turbos but i should stress little

J_Corr

Mar 27, 2012
why so set on turbo? From what u explained u want IMO a bolt on supercharger kit is more for you.

Sky Mabee

May 30, 2013
I like the sound of turbos and have never worked with a supercharger so I wouldn't know we're to begin.
Would I need to still upgrade my fuel system with a supercharger if so then mize we'll do the turbo front mount

J_Corr

Mar 27, 2012
supercharger install WAY easier than turbo IMO. Comes as complete kit and can be had for about $4-5k