Rear End Noise

derekken

Sep 1, 2013
I got a 00 rcsb Silverado, I have some rear end noise when I turn at low speed, It does it both ways and sounds like its coming from where the wheels are, so would it be the outer bearings
thanks

Mine just started up with something today. Sometimes turning at low speeds, sometimes just breaking at low speeds, and sometimes whenever the rear hits a bump. Sounds like a metal clicking, almost like spinning a wind up toy backwards too far lol is yours like that?

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

it sounds more like a wine, I only hear the noise when I turn at low speeds, I have never heard it any other time but I guess I may not pay attention but I also have a sliding rear window and have never heard anything while I was driving

have you check or changed the rear fluid, if it is low its gonna whine like a mofo.

Yep. My rear axle seal was leaking and it sounded like an ambulance behind me. New seals and fluid. Noise no more

its more of squeal, I will have to check what it does when I hit the brakes, a guy at the shop that I work it said to take the cover off and possibly change the fluid, it sounds like to me that the sound is more on the outside and not coming from the middle of the rear end, I checked the fluid a couple weeks ago and it seemed alright