Really bad vibrations

velzga

Frame Bangin'
Mar 21, 2013
Ft Worth, Tx
Hey guys, I didnt know where to post this. So recently Ive noticed at around 30mph and 65-70mph my truck is shaking bad. Im at a 5/7 drop. It doesnt feel like the steering wheel is shaking, so Ive been looking at it solutions online and people say it might be pinion angle of the driveshaft? This is my first truck so Im really not sure how to check it or what it could be. Any help is appreciated, Im clueless on these things. Thanks!!

Im at 6/8 with the same problem. Mine does the exact same @ 60-70, just not the 30. Ive been putting up with it because i cant figure it out. I dont really have a "vibration" mostly the shaking.. My pinion is only off like a couple degrees, so i put 2* shims in and thats when the takeoff vibrations started so i removed. But still cant seem to find or figure out a fix. Sorry for not having an answer but hopefully someone will for the both of us.

Definitely pinion angle. Mine does it too, 80+ so I haven't really bothered with it. You can get shims from summit racing for 12-20 bucks depending on the angle you need.

The driveshaft only really causes vibrations. As far as shaking, it spins way to fast, especially at 60-70, to cause a shake. It would only cause a serious vibration. I have the same thing as him and if you felt it you would feel the same way.

I'm pretty sure it's the pinion angle. You can't lower a truck 6+ and not change the pinion angle and have zero DS issues.

so i just need a shim kit then? how do i know how many to put in? it causes the truck to shake, its pretty sketchy lol Is it safe to drive right now or am i at risk of blowing my driveshaft out? if so i can park it for a while

yea dude its like i can feel it in the rear i believe, it makes my butt shake in the seat and causes the center console and the whole damn truck it shake

You can drive it, just try to avoid those speeds imo. Best way to measure it is using a magnetic angle finder. The angle should ideally be less than 2* difference over the length of the ds compared to the pinion