RCSB Derpamax Build

Might have found a 68mm Cheetah for the RC. :hmm:

My buddy is going to help me build the trans if I decide to do it and get the turbo.

Was just looking through my PB. Forgot how shitty this truck was.

Quite the difference:

Only took a new frame, hood, rh fender, pass door, bumpers, bed....... etc etc.

:rofljest:

Last edited:
Don't go any bigger than 68mm for a DD. You'll regret every minute the truck is in gear.

IMO I'd go with a 65mm. I know a guy with one, and it lights quick. Anything bigger has a to much lag to be fun.

Don't go any bigger than 68mm for a DD. You'll regret every minute the truck is in gear.

IMO I'd go with a 65mm. I know a guy with one, and it lights quick. Anything bigger has a to much lag to be fun.

Even a VNT? The 68mm Cheetah on my crew cab doesn't lag for a second and it pulls REALLY hard even with stock fueling. Maybe it's my tuning but that thing is constantly spooling and my drive pressure isn't bad at all. IMO it's all in the tuning. I can get a fleece 68mm with 7k miles on it for 1500. Only thing holding me back is the Colt LE6920 and ruger sr1911 I could get instead.

I don't get why people love the chrome strip so much!? But real jelly of the new possible turbo

LOL its definitely a midwest thing. My Dad had it on his 02 LB7 before I got ahold of it. It's retarded.

hey matt have you even ran your RCSB on the dyno ? i am looking into getting a dezol but ive heard so many different hp numbers like you have efi live,down pipe, 4" exhaust ? and all the common things done right ? ive heard anywhere from 400hp - 500hp and torque like 550-700 i am lost

and how is fuel mileage on this little truck since its so light ?

hey matt have you even ran your RCSB on the dyno ? i am looking into getting a dezol but ive heard so many different hp numbers like you have efi live,down pipe, 4" exhaust ? and all the common things done right ? ive heard anywhere from 400hp - 500hp and torque like 550-700 i am lost

and how is fuel mileage on this little truck since its so light ?

The regular cab is around 440rwhp right now and a hair under 800rwtq. I have never dynoed my trucks but I could since a guy I know pretty well has a shop and dyno but an LMM I tuned dynoed that with tunign very close to what I have on my RC.

Truck went from shitty to titty. I would give my left nut for that regular cab...
Ship that nut over :corny:
Those some fugly wheels cornel. The OEM's look mas better.

You don't like the 22s and Toyos? Makes it look beefy. I do like the 2011+ OEM 20's though

This spring when I just had the stock 16's on I was getting 500-520 miles per 22-23 gallons when I would fill up. Hand calculated mostly highway but I don't drive like an old fuck to get up to speed, then 8 miles each way to the gym mostly stop and go.

In the winter I get shit mileage cause I leave it idling if I'm just going into a store quick. Also was bored tonight and went for a couple 0-speedo burried runs before it gets -30 out tomorrow. Winter blend fuel also yields lower mileage. I still get 16.5-17 on the low end.

Some stuff I ordered is starting to show up.

I bought this ipad mini mount so I can modify my dash piece so I can have an ipad mini for a headunit.

NEW! iPad mini Side-Slider? Kit : Soundman Enterprises inc

1/0 gauge amp kit for the truck showed up today, steering wheel controls interface and a Sony MEX-GS600BT did too... since they have an app for the ipad that lets you control the headunit through the ipad. Going to recess the headunit behind the ipad.

Powerwashed my spare dash pad today to get the dye off of it. Didn't go well as the shit did not come off easily at all so I gave up. It's all getting painted gloss black along with the top of the center console after I mold a subwoofer and enclosure into the back of it. Maybe the Diamond Tricoat black pearl that comes on some caddys. Haven't decided yet.

I converted my DRL to another signal bulb so it functions like this:

Interior and Exterior LEDS - YouTube

Same as the Crew cab.

Also converted the Suburban fog harness (I think they were 880's) to 9005's. I've got 9005 Cree 5W 400 lumen bulbs coming just for colormatching purposes, to match the switchbacks and HID's.

Got new GMC emblem keys so I can get new ones cut that aren't so crappy looking.

Think that's about it.

Still looking for a fleetside bed.

Last edited:
I want the iPad dash bad! I watch amplified all the time...so he got me hooked on the idea. Just can't figure out how to make it all fit. I'm gonna watch your build and see how you do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also converted the Suburban fog harness (I think they were 880's) to 9005's. I've got 9005 Cree 5W 400 lumen bulbs coming just for colormatching purposes, to match the switchbacks and HID's.

Didn't know it was possible to convert the 880's to 9005's. Do the bases match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
No

:fp:

Snipped the 880 base off and soldered on a 9005 base. That way it works with the 9005 socket on the gmc fogs