Question about bagging

loclrnc

May 1, 2012
South Dakota
I'm in the process of collecting bag parts and I just ordered dual viair 480c compressors, accuair vu4, and speedswitch controller. My question is about the tanks and filling. I was looking to run two 5 gal tanks but is that too much? I feel that the compressors will be running constant to keep 200psi. Ive never had any experience with bags. But I'm trying to do it right...

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

That's what most people run if the actually play with the truck. I run one 5 gallon tank and 2 480c's. that's plenty for me but I don't play with mine

I don't plan on playing with the truck just looking to get a nice ride and to get around town better and I love the look of a truck laid out. How long can you play with just one tank. Might have the occasional showing off...

I dont play with mine much either and i have one 5gal tank, but like brett said your comps turn on after one air-up. If i were to re-do my setup i would go with one of these 8.5gal tanks for simplicity's sake, and it wont take quite as long to fill as a 10gal. It will be a tight squeeze under the bed though.

http://www.newmaticsinc.com/8_5_Gallon_Tank_p/10994.htm

EDIT: compressors arent obnixious if you put some big rubber washers between the mounting surface, but youll still hear em

Last edited:
8.5 gallon tank fits nicely in the rear of these trucks.
4u5ajude.jpg

Damn im jelly. I woukd be concerned with the height of the tank though, how close is it to the ground when laid out?

Like a hand laying flat on the ground looks like. I think he posted pics of how close it was once.

Ya he did wonder if people can post pics of there setups.... I always see pics of the trucks but never how their setup is

When the truck is full Cali with no bed on I have a hand gap. With the bed and Cali combo on and as Cali as it can go I have like 4-5 inches. Plenty of room and I drive my truck level anyways so it'll never be an issue.

What the hell does the bed floor have to do with the air tank? The bedfloor and frame stay the same regardless of bd.

Last edited: