ShredSled

NBS
May 9, 2012
Motor City
QA1's are way over rated if you ask me. I ran them for a couple of years with my DJM LCA's and just a couple months ago decided to crank the damping way stiffer to check the ride.... was apparently too much for them to handle, broke the tiny piston on one. Fuck twin tube garbage IMO.

Get Ride tech HQ's, and may as well get the threaded body ones so you have option of coil over if you ever decide to go that route.

Atomic on ptnet also makes some very nice looking adapter brackets for 4wd LCA, but it will limit your eye-to-eye length, therefore limiting travel also.

I'm currently pondering a few winter projects, possibly try some brackets for coilovers up front, then transfer my HQ coilovers to back duty and get some TQ's for the front.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I want to 4 link my rear so I may buy the shocks with threads, but they are 200 a pop. Ouch. Now springs, aren't that much...I may just look for some decent shocks for now. I saw your post on pt.net about the QA1's. Most like them, but then again most like Belltech SP and I thought they were junk. My rear rides like shit for sure, and the front is a bit rough still. Big impacts feel like my shit has no suspension at all.

ShredSled

NBS
May 9, 2012
Motor City
I want to 4 link my rear so I may buy the shocks with threads, but they are 200 a pop. Ouch. Now springs, aren't that much...I may just look for some decent shocks for now. I saw your post on pt.net about the QA1's. Most like them, but then again most like Belltech SP and I thought they were junk. My rear rides like shit for sure, and the front is a bit rough still. Big impacts feel like my shit has no suspension at all.

My guess is your lack of up travel might be cause of harsh up front...?

And yeah, qa1's are simply an inferior design, just marketed well. Yes they are adjustable and build quality makes any stamped shock look pitiful... but no getting around crap internals. Can't even run a twin tube inverted (as should be to reduce unsprung mass) as a coil over without having a huge air pocket and cavitation as the piston goes in and out of damping...

matslp488

Apr 15, 2020
RGV TX
I know this thread is old af but any recommendations on front shocks for the front?? I’m on the same boat as the OP... truck lowered 4-6 Silverado SS front torsion bars and this is my 2nd set of belltech SPs in 2 years... I’m wanting some QA1’s, ridetechs or Bilsteins that will ride nice and last more than 1 year