06_crewcab_ss

May 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Does anyone know what QA1 shocks fit a 06 silverado 4x4 lowered 4" in front and 6" in rear?

I've been trying to compare sizes but not getting very far, I found DJM shocks for their 3/5 lowering kit and specs are
Front: 9" compressed 14.5" extended
Pass Rear: 12.25" compressed 19" extended
Driver Rear: 12.75" compressed 20.5" extended

I'm guessing that I would need a little shorter then those due to going 4/6

What little I did find shows me 4/6 on a 2wd, people are running
Front: TS507, 9.38" compressed 14.38" extended
Rear: TS504, 11" compressed 16.38" extended

I don't really have any experience with lowered trucks yet so I'm just trying to get everything right. And I want to get the shocks here for when I install the drop since the truck is my dd

06_crewcab_ss

May 12, 2013
well after further searching of the net, I found out that qa1 doesnt make a shock that will work on the front end of a 4x4 silverado with factory lower control arms because of the clevis style lower shock mount. The DJM lower arms would allow for the qa1s since it changes the lower shock mount to an eyelet style.

That's about all I've found so far. The rear shocks should work regardless of 4x4 or not, all the mounting is the same between the two in the rear

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
you can change the mounts, or use a custom made mount.

Also, check other manufacturers. I know many guys on pt.net run qa1, afco, fox etc for their racing setups.

06_crewcab_ss

May 12, 2013
Why qa1s?

It was just the brand that came to me when I was trying to think of different quality shocks. I'm open to anything as long as it's going to ride pretty good and handle fairly well

you can change the mounts, or use a custom made mount.

Also, check other manufacturers. I know many guys on pt.net run qa1, afco, fox etc for their racing setups.

You can change them to the clevis style like on the 4x4s? I haven't found any company that you can convert to that. I was looking at fox too, I'll have to call them before I start getting stuff to see what they recommend for my app. I'll check out afco too

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Alot of happy guys with belltech street performance shocks

Def not near as badass as foxes qa1s etc but great bolt in shock my 4/6 rides like a dream

06_crewcab_ss

May 12, 2013
I've been hearing a lot of mixed reviews on the belltechs lately, I was thinking about at least trying them to see if I like them, if not then sell and get something else. But if I can get some definitive part numbers or sizes for a qa1 fox or other I'll probably just go with that from the start so I don't have to mess with it again

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Just saying, I had two sets. Gave one to blome...he'll chime in I'm sure. A few others too. I'm sure some love them.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
My turnaround was fast. You could ride stocks for a couple weeks. Some guys are. Just won't be the best riding truck.