Project Purplehaze

Washed and detailed the truck today. Got bored and pulled the rear shocks off and polished them. Same process as the driveshaft, except I skipped the 220 grit and started out with 400. I wasn't too concerned if they came out perfect or not since I'll be replacing them when I 4 link the rearend.

BF4707A7-734B-4564-AC6D-9B1A5449FFB3.jpg

64F96C3D-ECE3-440B-BFA5-6DECE52D437E.jpg

2725175D-5712-41FF-BA31-A44AF4B958DA.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

I also want too get some braided brake lines and run them down on either side to get rid of the nasty hard line that runs on top of the axle.

Rancho 7000MT. I'm going to clear them this week so they don't rust. They will be for sale soon if I can get on this 4 link.

Get some bolt covers for those rusty diff bolts on the rear cover :cheeky:

But the four link plans sound good, gonna flip the shock both to the back side when you do it?

Get some bolt covers for those rusty diff bolts on the rear cover :cheeky:

But the four link plans sound good, gonna flip the shock both to the back side when you do it?

There's a boat load of bolt covers that need to be put on.. Lol

Yeah, I will move the shocks to the back, and replace them with the FTS chrome resis.

I had my mirrors sanded down today, hopefully have painted and back on the truck by Friday. Pretty pumped about that.

Such a clean truck in person, parked across from it yesterday and stewed in jealousy
1108c99e0483ee5b415c05383b5e53fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to painted mirrors? lol Shocks came out great, cant wait to see this 4 link and do want more bolt covers.

Mirrors are painted... 4 link may take a back seat for now. Other things will happen though.. Here's some shots of the truck

4FD703D4-768B-4014-A62D-B9B56FDDBE0F.png.jpeg

924008C0-BA5D-4DFE-8AB0-822E404D85DC.jpg

Such a clean truck in person, parked across from it yesterday and stewed in jealousy
1108c99e0483ee5b415c05383b5e53fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tyler! It was good meeting you

Mirrors really made a difference!

I know man, really stoked on how they turned out. I'm wanting to pull the trigger on some polished forces. Just not sure I wanna drop that kinda coin right now. I think it's what the truck needs (along with hoops, resis, trac bars, etc etc) lol

Any polished wheel in general would make it pop more. Plus that rear 4 link or trac bars will really improve your ride with a big block in the rear

So I'm really starting to consider some American Force wheels. Not sure how soon I want to pull the trigger on a set, just because I have a long list of other stuff I am doing to the truck.
I will be buying polished for sure, but my hang up is size..

20x12 (w/ 2" spacers)?
22x12(w/ 2" spacers)?
20x14(no spacer)?
22x14(no spacer)?

I'm staying with a 33 inch tire fore sure. Either Toyo MT or possibly Iroks.

I'm leaning towards the 22x12s w/ 2" spacers...