Project: Keep it stock

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
I work at a Chrysler dealer at the service desk. A couple weeks ago we got a high mileage, rusty, 03 ecsb traded in and I bought it before the wholesaler seen it. Its got 215000 miles but still running strong. I needed a truck to use as a truck since my sierra is too nice to get into some situations. Its a 2wd, 4.8, with an open diff (which so far is the biggest down fall). Just fixing a few things on it. Needed a water pump and abs sensor. On to the pics.

Untitled by Gabe Reed, on Flickr

This is how is set when we 1st got it. I pulled it in to see how bad of shape it was. Seen the coolant leak, abs light (abs sensor wire cut in 2), and the cel was on. Scanned the engine light and it was on for exhaust codes, and an emission issue which I have yet to find. Figured it ran and drive so I'd take it for wholesale pricing.

Here you can really see the Chevy lean. I figure I might get some drop shackles for the rear to level is out, and possible swap the coils in the front left to right and try and level it out. I figure after 215000 miles the driver side spring is tired.

Had a nice spray in, still not sure of the brand but looks good. Once it was cleaned up that is.

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
On to the interior. Its was horrible... not sure how you let you vehicle get like this.

One thing lead to another and I ripped out the interior to take to work and power wash/steam clean everything.

Just a vacuum made it way better but I still pulled it all out and took it into detail. It looked like I was brewing coffee when I power washed it... I've got it back together now but don't have any pics uploaded yet. Got it in my garage now doing the wheel bearing and water pump.

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
Its been painted on the driver side, figured that out when the pulled the molding off. That and the tan is pealing under the molding a little. I'm still trying to decide what to do with the tan since its pealing. I really need to fix the rust in the rockers and corners thought before I go crazy trying to fix the paint.

Was still trying to make room in the garage at this point to park it inside. Finally got it in next to the sierra. I've got the door moldings off, cleaned off the glue that was left over from the LS badge on the c pillars, and got all the emblems off the tailgate. After a few repairs I'll start looking into a few mods. Really want to go pre-runner style, but I'm sure that wont happen. That shits more expensive than the air ride on my other truck.

Reactions: Fairclough