texascowboy316

Mar 20, 2012
I want to just disable my afm on my 10 silverado. Is there a programmer out there I can buy that will let me do it?

texascowboy316

Mar 20, 2012
All I want to do is disable it. My exhaust sounds like trash this it enabled. Lol any other ones that will disable it and not brake the bank?

texascowboy316

Mar 20, 2012
Never said didn't trust you jared. Contacted black bear lastvweek no response. All I want is to disable afm thats it.

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
I want to just disable my afm

I just want to disable it

All I want to do is disable it

All I want is to disable afm thats it.

I don't understand what the problem is. People have given you a few options already in this thread. Get a Diablosport Predator (check your local Craigslist for a used [returned to stock tune] one), or have a local tuner (or someone with HPT/EFILive) turn it off for you. If you find the right tuner, maybe they'll give you a break and only charge you to turn AFM off.

texascowboy316

Mar 20, 2012
You can quote my post all day. Read what I asked. I asked what tuners are capable od disable the afm. Didnt ask who could do it. Plus ive contacted a referred tuner on here and no response. So ill just do my own research or deal with it the way it is. Thanks this is why I dont do forums.

silvr z

Mar 18, 2013
You can quote my post all day. Read what I asked. I asked what tuners are capable od disable the afm. Didnt ask who could do it. Plus ive contacted a referred tuner on here and no response. So ill just do my own research or deal with it the way it is. Thanks this is why I dont do forums.

I have never has a problem contacting blackbear, but I know some people don't hear back. Send them another email and they will get back to you.

Also...To buy a programmer just to turn off your AFM is a costly decision. I think someone with efi live or someone with hp tuners will be your best bet to just shut it off for cheaper.

If you are spending money on a handheld you should get a tune from blackbear or any other reputable tuner if you are already set against using them now. You will get added performance that you really don't get from a handheld for the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
lol, you asked a question, they answered...then proceeded to tell you where to get it done...a handheld is junk, and not worth the price...the chances of you buying hp tuners or efi live and doing it yourself is slim to none, I know you!

There are local guys who can do it...what more do you want to hear Billy?

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Never said didn't trust you jared. Contacted black bear lastvweek no response. All I want is to disable afm thats it.

Justin, and his company stays busy, emails take a few days. You can contact Jenna and Julie here, I send them pms all the time, and I may wait 3 days max. If you are paying to have that deleted, might as well pay to have a real tune too at the same time...which is all everyone here was trying to tell you.

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
And for handhelds if you're hell bent on getting one, here are your choices for the ones that'll deactivate AFM.

Diablosport Predator #U7194 which is now discontinued. You would have to find a used one on eBay like this one Diablo Sport U7194 Predator Unlocked Chvy GMC | eBay

Diablosport Trinity #T1000 found here DiabloSport T-1000 DiabloSport Trinity - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

Diablosport InTune #I1000 found here DiabloSport I1000 DiabloSport inTune Programmer for GM/Chrysler/Dodge/Ford/Jeep - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

texascowboy316

Mar 20, 2012
I got what I expected to hear jared. Ill take it all into consideration. And you may know me jared but ive built how many mustangs? A few my truck isnt getting any upgrades but tge exhaust it has for a long time. I am a pretty smart guy in the long run just like getting opinions and knowledge before I jump into something I havent ever had to do before hinch the thread. Im done

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Thanks this is why I dont do forums.

:rofl: because people give you more advice than you asked for? Because we gave you BETTER alternatives for a comparable price? I must be missing where we went wrong.

We're just trying to help man. I had a programmer on my old truck and now I have a custom tune on my current one. Night and day difference. And guess what? The custom tune in person was cheaper.

Just food for thought.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
dude, building a motor, then learning to tune, CORRECTLY is two different things! That's why most take their vehicles to tuning, you can really fuck something up if you don't know what you are doing. That's all I am saying, calm down brah!

:jared::at1:

texascowboy316

Mar 20, 2012
I get they are two different things. I really do appreciate all the info I have gotten trust me. I like to learn things I get custom tunes are where its at not hand helds. But im one that likes to learn the process as well so in future maybe I could help others as well. If I dont learn then to me whats the point all im getting at. I love tinkering on stuff and im sure everyone who has posted can appreciate that. Thanks again for all the info as of yet.