Prices for detailing?

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
Im curious what you guys that do detailing charge for different things. Like a basic wash and wax, paint correction, scratch fixing, debadging? I get asked to help by my friends a lot but i dont know what i should be telling them for prices.

Im curious what you guys that do detailing charge for different things. Like a basic wash and wax, paint correction, scratch fixing, debadging? I get asked to help by my friends a lot but i dont know what i should be telling them for prices.

Justin would be a pretty good person to ask as he details and does paint correction all the time. Hopefully he chimes in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I dont have a set list, but I'm almost always between 80 and 140, depending on the size/condition of course. Usually it's the same wash, clay paint & Windows (because every fucking car feels like sandpaper) , seal/wax or both, all exterior dressing, tires & fenders, chrome polish, rainx Windows. Interior basic vaccume, wipedown all plastics getting as much stains out as possible, glass, clean & condition leather if they have, and door jams.

Hit two vehicles with 1 step polish before but not gonna anymore till I'm more confident in it. My dad always yells at me for how much I charge since it takes 6-10hrs by myself, saying it's not nearly enough. But Idc I'm not trying to ring the customer dry, I just want to recoup my product money back lol

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

I don't detail for profit because my time is worth more than people want to pay lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I've only done two cars and I charges by te job. The job was two daily driven Hyundai sonatas and they were gross like inside and out took about 8 hours each car so it was 300 hundo a pop

Sent from my potato

I've done a few but no paint correction. Did my gfs mom's suburban inside and out for $125 but she paid me more and my cousins outback for $100. If you're doing paint correction I'd add at least $75 to the price of the detail. If they want it as perfect as you can get it, do a flat $100 for 5 hours and $25 per hour after that.

full colorsand, buff, and polish starts at $1200 for me, well over 20 hours goes into that most of the time. wash, wax, basic interior cleaning (no shampoo) starts around 80. etc

Sent from pasta.

Honestly it's what you think. Whatever make sure you feel like you made some money for the job that was done.

Corrected gf's (now wife) black grand prix for lots of home cooked meals and even more sexytimes. I think I had 10 hours just into correction on it. I would have charged about $250-300 for that. My 04 crew would have been closer to $500 since that had like 15 hours and was 98% corrected.

Last edited:
full colorsand, buff, and polish starts at $1200 for me, well over 20 hours goes into that most of the time. wash, wax, basic interior cleaning (no shampoo) starts around 80. etc

Sent from pasta.

Wanttt. I told you to make thread! Brb seeing how many days it will take to get to Cali

Sent from my potato

fuuuu i keep forgetting. when i go back to school i will bc i still need to colorsand the other side of my truck so ill do it then

Thanks for the input guys. I've done a few full washes, clay, wax, and interior cleaning, 80 for a crew cab truck and 100 for a Tahoe. But I've got a neighbor that would like me to buff their black excursion to remove some of the swirls since it frequents the car wash, idk what to charge them tho...

I want to practice on my own truck first, but I think I'm gonna need Alec to come give me some pointers because my paint is pretty fucked. too many incidental damages :facepalm:

Yea I used a rotary before, took a long time to do. I have the pc now, and have done one other truck, but wasn't happy with how it came out (since I hate white) But I also only did one pass. I've never tried the pc on a real dark color like black, but my truck has tons of deep scratches, and some marks from being egged, that I'd like to possibly fill and wetsand to hide. My truck really needs a repaint, but that's never going to happen soon, so fixing it is the best I can do

Try on the tailgate to see what results you get. It's not noticeable and relatively small. Try the pc there and see what you can do

I have, and my tailgate is fucked. It was repainted by the first owner, and has a ton of deep scratches in it from the painter. it's glassy smooth and beads water like a mofo, but has scrathes all over lol

I may try the hood since I'm painting a new one anyways

It's okay we are in the same boat. My black paint is shot full of RIDS and swirls. Gonna try to pick up the Griots 6in DA in the spring break and some compounds and polish from shine supply

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk