Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
HGG is a sealant? How well does it hold up compared to "traditional" sealants? I still have 2 bottles of Machine Sealant that I like, aside from the curing process.

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
HGG is a sealant? How well does it hold up compared to "traditional" sealants? I still have 2 bottles of Machine Sealant that I like, aside from the curing process.

i use it as a maintenance sealant. I still have my base sealant which has proven to last 6+ months with proper care. But i use HGG on top of it every other month to add more gloss and slickness. It will last 2-3 months with proper maintenance.

I've used it asa stand alone as well and its lasted around 4 months at its longest in the CA heat.

You should ditch the MSS and grab the LPS. Youll enjoy the cure time and protection benefits.

This past weekend i used chemical guys 3 in one polish/sealant.

First off if you read the bottle, it isnt really a sealant, so i still layered some acrylic sealant on top.

but anyway, I was actually disappointed with it. It worked ok, i would say if you were someone who has a light colored vehicle, or need just very minor swirls removed, it would work great, i found on my hood and some other areas, (behind the wheels) i needed to bust out the classic cut to get it looking decent.

I have never used another AIO setup, so i dont know how it compares to it. But i feel that the Shine supply classic cut does better work and finishes down nicely.

the only thing i really liked about it, was there was almost no dusting compared to other polishes I've used.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
i use it as a maintenance sealant. I still have my base sealant which has proven to last 6+ months with proper care. But i use HGG on top of it every other month to add more gloss and slickness. It will last 2-3 months with proper maintenance.

I've used it asa stand alone as well and its lasted around 4 months at its longest in the CA heat.

You should ditch the MSS and grab the LPS. Youll enjoy the cure time and protection benefits.

Will look into getting both and trying them out. I may still keep the MSS and use it on the truck since it isn't a dd.

:shake: thanks

wretched73

Apr 18, 2012
slLoqfU.jpg

Wash with adams soap (IMO its better than poor boys world and the chemical guys soap i have)

Coat of Collinite 845- this stuff is tough as nails, cheap, beads very nicely, and has a very good shine

Wolfgang trim sealant on tires and plasti dipped rims- i like the satin finish it leaves on wheels, others tend to be too glossy for my taste

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
How does it perform agaisnt v07?

I wouldn't classify them the same. V07 is great spray sealant. The HGG is a wet application type sealant. You can apply it "dry" but need a wet towel for the product to actually activate. Durability is 3-4 months if cared for over a sealant or stand alone.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
My Adam's order should be here this week...I made sure to get the HGG and updated LPS.

Am excite.

okbeast

Feb 8, 2011
Jury is still out on the new sponge for me. I like the feel but wish it sud'sd more.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

okbeast

Feb 8, 2011
It's been with Adams red wash. I'm used to seeing more suds from the wool & synthetic mitts. I agree it shouldn't have changed it much, just what I've encountered.

THE Mook

Oct 16, 2014
Colorado
It's been with Adams red wash. I'm used to seeing more suds from the wool & synthetic mitts. I agree it shouldn't have changed it much, just what I've encountered.

Try, as you are filling your bucket, after the soap is already on the wash media, as the hose is filling the bucket, sloshing the media around in the bucket...Should help produce more suds on the pads. They are deceiving in what they can hold, and hold a ton.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Detailing season is starting, anybody got their eye on new stuff or plan on trying something?

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
My spring detail was Carpro essence directly topped with Reload. Awesome products and worth the look. Shine supply has two equivalent products as well. Just an SiO2 based finishing polish and SiO2 spray sealant. Water behavior of a coating without all the fussy install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vishnu.singh78

Apr 13, 2016
Anyone used the torqx by chemical guys? I see they have it for 129 right now.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk