Northern California
c2d853beace44a2a29f94d4c547889dc.jpg

:sneaky:

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Bump, anyone tried any new detailing stuff lately. I know there's been some new stuff come out..

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Sam should post up about the new wedge Adams has. Curious on some good budget foam cannons as well.

OK i can do that!

I really like the wedge. its lighter, is nowhere near as messy as a mitt nor a wash pad. I washed a very dirty vehicle and the little ends cleaned out extremely easy without damaging the paint. It rings out really easy and also dried fast when i was done with it. The wedge doesnt bring as much suds onto the vehicle from the bucket like a wash pad will. Thats not a deal breaker for me because the soap is what is supposed to work and it still obviously allows the soap to be slick and work like it should. It cleaned the paint great and didnt show any sign of dirt left or staining after. I recommend it if you are wanting a new wash media.

My one and only concern and it could be because i death grip EVERYTHING, it seemed like it could separate from the handle after some time. I was also holding on to it tighter because it was new and i was worried about dropping it.

17141000017_9fe51c996f_b.jpg

Ive been using a lot of products lately but i cant post them. Sorry guys.

THE Mook

Oct 16, 2014
Colorado
To build on to what Sam said about the Wash Wedge/Wash Goat....complete contact of the wash media to the surface with this is really cool. With other wash media like the Merino Mitt or even worse, Synthetic wool, there would be parts of it that would not be touching, or if they were, a different level of pressure than the center of the wash media. With this, it's even, enables straight line washing, cleans up easy, and holds a ton of water.

I have 4 washes on (2) wedges so far.

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
I think I'll have to get one then, all I have is a wash pad from SCG. Might just order the bundle they have that has the wedge, car wash, and great white towel.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Yeah I think I'm gonna grab one of these at some point, my detailing stock is getting low so gonna use it as an opportunity to upgrade

msaenz18

Nov 26, 2012
I couldnt pull the trigger on the wedge, the material something is made out of is a deal breaker for me. I'd much rather go through a bunch of standard wash pads from Adams (which are amazing) because they are cheap and easy to wash. Then wash with what looks to be spongy material.

msaenz18

Nov 26, 2012
i have shine supply classic cut and fine polish, is it worth getting flat top? is flat top more of a AIO?

Flattop is a pretty aggressive AIO imo and it finishes well, nothing classic cut couldn't do with a MF finishing pad tbh

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
I couldnt pull the trigger on the wedge, the material something is made out of is a deal breaker for me. I'd much rather go through a bunch of standard wash pads from Adams (which are amazing) because they are cheap and easy to wash. Then wash with what looks to be spongy material.

It's made from the same material your applicator pads are. You use those on paint don't you?

I hate wash pads.

Flat top is the most aggressive they sell I wouldn't use it as an AIO. I'd continue with classic cut.

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
What's that company that has good price on pads. Kind of like theragcompany.com except for pads.