port and polish 5.3

RTM355

Mar 13, 2012
Alabama Boy
I'm thinking about port and polishing my tb and also maybe the manifold. The one thing I'm wondering about the most is the port and polish is it worth the effort ? Thanks for any info on the subject if i do it I will try my best to do a how to on it.

09WhiteHD

FGT with hot wiffuh
Feb 12, 2012
South Louisiana
let a professional do it on a truck as new as yours. yes it will have some performance gains but would be better with more mods in my opinion. its not so much the polishing that does the work but the porting. polishing is just to make it look good. if you do some research you will find that polishing in lots of cases wont add any more power then just porting. now porting with a rough finish will give you some roughness so the air doesnt get lazy and mix better as its going into the cylinder. but leave out this mod till you have a motor that is built to actually use it.

RTM355

Mar 13, 2012
Alabama Boy
I did read up on the polishing of the tb and lots of people said it worth it but that was on older model trucks. Thanks shae for your help ill keep reading up on some info. I just figured the polishing part would be a cheap and easy performances mod

Country_09

Jun 12, 2012
Mont Belvieu
I ported and polished my TB on my 01 just because I was bored and had the tools to do it after talkin with a buddy of mine. Might have noticed it to be a lil more pep in it but not much at all. Only took 30-45 min. so for me it was worth the time to do it