polished wheels without clear coat

silverado469

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
just got my 18x10 polished renegade 6's installed the other day. gonna put some Adams quick sealant on them. was wondering if anyone had an tips or pointers on keeping them clean? everyone is telling me im going to hate getting polished wheels without a clear coat

pic of wheels

f2cef434.jpg

keep them clean and use a good wheel sealant on them. adams or migliore wheel seal are my recommendations. you can usually wax over them too for a little added resilience

clean them atleast once a week, not talking a full polish, but a waterless wash and a micro fiber, once the brake dust or in winter salt get on them they are a pain to bring back.

we had that big snow in Oct last year, salt got on mine, i spent hours on mine over the winter bringing them back.

clean them atleast once a week, not talking a full polish, but a waterless wash and a micro fiber, once the brake dust or in winter salt get on them they are a pain to bring back.

we had that big snow in Oct last year, salt got on mine, i spent hours on mine over the winter bringing them back.

thanks dude, ill have to get me some of the waterless wash. Just ordered the metal polish #2, buttery wax, and wheel sealant from Adams so hopefully that keeps them pretty protected. and yeah im either gonna keep the fuel wheels, or the stock wheels and run them in the winter

Cleaning polished wheels is only a pita if you let them get extremely nasty. like ginger said....a once a week cleaning will do it.

i like to shampoo and rinse them...drying quickly using adam's DS so water doesn't spot.

Then, when it's time to shine....adam's #2 and about 15 mins....

Cleaning polished wheels is only a pita if you let them get extremely nasty. like ginger said....a once a week cleaning will do it.

i like to shampoo and rinse them...drying quickly using adam's DS so water doesn't spot.

Then, when it's time to shine....adam's #2 and about 15 mins....

awesome, do you use any type of sealant as well?

Like everyone else said. I wash mine once a week with car shampoo, then dry and spray turtle wax quick detail spray wax. Spray it all over it, wipe it down and buff them to a shine.

thanks for the tips guys. everyone i talked to around here said it would be a pain to keep them clean but it doesnt sound like it by what you're saying. Ill post some before and after pics when i get the polish, wax, and sealant in.

Last i polished i polished for 6 hrs and only did the hoop and front lip
Doug is it your camera,but your wheels aren't shinning like they should
Cknox your wheels aren't polished...
Advice:handpolish,the whole powerball from AZ is junk and waist polish,remove wheels to polish
:datadams:
DSCN0185.jpg