Plug and play remote start review

Yeah please do, I always trust an old timers opinion....

But seriously Dfw for bday coming up in January if it works

Things I do not like about this kit:
Comes by default to be a lock, lock, lock sequence to start the car which honked the horn twice. Not really something I want my neighbors complaining about but was easily changed to lock, unlock, lock in about 30 seconds.

Silly question,

Since you can reprogram from lock lock lock to lock unlock lock to start your vehicle. Could you also get a key fob that has something like a trunk pop button and program it to work off that?

My hair brained idea, is to get a key fob with trunk pop. Then program that key fob to function normally with the exception of having the trunk pop work as the start button.

Therefore you have a stock key fob that works completely stock with the exception of a key pop button as an automatic start button.

How crazy is that idea?

Silly question,

Since you can reprogram from lock lock lock to lock unlock lock to start your vehicle. Could you also get a key fob that has something like a trunk pop button and program it to work off that?

My hair brained idea, is to get a key fob with trunk pop. Then program that key fob to function normally with the exception of having the trunk pop work as the start button.

Therefore you have a stock key fob that works completely stock with the exception of a key pop button as an automatic start button.

How crazy is that idea?

ORRRRR

Could i get a Key fob like this one:

Amazon.com: LotFancy New Car Keyless Entry Remote Start key FOB Clicker transmitter For G...: Automotive

And program the start button to work with the aftermarket unit?

The reprogramming is an option in the system so I doubt you could but I would ask them directly for a definite answer. The key fob has to be already programmed to the car and I assume picks it's signals from the lock/unlock signals.

I feel like the vehicle will need to already "understand" the commands sent from the key fob.

If I get one, I'll try programming my dad's NNBS remote to my truck and see if I can program the start button to actually start my NBS... My guess is I won't even be able to do the generational jump lol.

The reprogramming is an option in the system so I doubt you could but I would ask them directly for a definite answer. The key fob has to be already programmed to the car and I assume picks it's signals from the lock/unlock signals.
Good advice. I shall investigate with the company

Someone here should learn how write code then program these to do what we want :imo:

Doesn't work with the trucks. I should have called Omega before I ordered it instead of going on the word of the fgts at sonic.

Agreed, took about 20min of bitching for them to give me a return label. Not paying for return shipping on something they advertised that would and does not.