Plastidip vehicles.

Andrew.

:hnnng:
Jan 20, 2011
Canadadia
Whose done it? Thinking about doing my speed3 for fun. Mattewhitte with flatblack wheels emblems etc. Not looking for show quality and for around $200ish all in I dont expect it to be.

Was curious if anyone's done it on bigger pieces then wheels, and how well its held up. Staining, fraying around edges etc? I did my winter wheels red and it held up decently, but then again I didnt actually care a whole lot...

:)

Sam did the roof of his Scion (I think) and it held up well, just a PITA to remove it all.

483741_10200632682610165_607414508_n_zps25b188b1.jpg

My roommates friend had it done. This is a maine truck, so its been in winter conditions. i guess its held up so far

Key to peeling it off easily is to make sure to put it on thick. The thicker it is the easier it is to peel off. We did a friends Tahoe front bumper and front section of the hood recently. He was traveling from New Orleans to Colorado for vacation and didn't want the fresh paint to get ruined by bugs. He said the bumper came off in two big sections but the hood was a pain because we were running out and it was much thinner.

i think that has the plasti dip clear on it.

I guess that specific car doesn't, but i have seen several cars done with the clean/"glossifier" and it looks pretty damn close to that

My favorite one was a custom charcoal grey Audi with glossifier.. Looked soo fkn sick. I'll try and find it

sent from your HTC Rezound

Thanks for the responses dudebros.

Flat would be fine with me. Zero shine is alright. I'm just worried that the finish might be too porse and stain, especially it being white and all. It's not a show car by any means but wouldn't be able to live with it being off brown..

Saw Brandons vinyl job on his CC on instagrams, wondering if I should go that route now... :hmm:

some messi kid at my school plasti dipped his whole Tahoe.. looks shitty imo. truck was super clean before. he ruined it.