People with rebuilt 4l60e's

Jimmy

Formerly SouthernprideTX
May 8, 2012
North of Houston, Texas
Well as some of yall know this past weekend i blew my trans (4l60e).
Id like people to post up:
What upgrades you went with or didnt go with?
And
How long your rebuilt has lasted you, (miles)?
Thanks.

80e swap will save you money in the long run, but honestly lots of tranny and rear end damage is from poor tune or cooling system, so to be safe and never doubt a trabs when your put that pedal to the floor just get a junk yard 80e and good stall converter with a tranny cooler

80e is overkill for his 4.8 and a waste of money unless you are putting down serious power. My built 60e has lasted countless hard launches and burnuts behind my 6.0 and trutrac rear.

My FLT Level 7 Works killer....but thats behind a built lq9. I would look into a lower level FLT, or just get a trans go hd2, servos, and a rebuilt with quality parts.

My FLT Level 7 Works killer....but thats behind a built lq9. I would look into a lower level FLT, or just get a trans go hd2, servos, and a rebuilt with quality parts.

Yeah thats what i keep hearing the more ppl i talk to. Just go with trandgo hd2, and servos and quility parts. thanks.

Well i finally got my trans rebuilt, heres a pic of the list of parts that are in it.
IMAG0566-1.jpg

What yall think? idk anything bout trans parts.

well thouht id bump this.
and ive driven over 500 miles with my rebuilt and i love it, shifts way smoother and firmer then stock. no more slam in 1-2 shift, all around better.

I regret not getting an 80e when mine went out, but i got a 15k mile 60e.

I regret not getting an 80e when mine went out, but i got a 15k mile 60e.

this i got a basically stock rebuilt trans in Febuary just a corvette servo, rebuilt by dealership, and since then got it tuned with most of the TM off i pound on it alot when it goes again wich it will built 4l80 is going in

Mine in OBS in a 700R4 not 4L60E but it has a TCI master race overhaul kit and a B&M shift kit, servos will go in it also. The trans in the 04 is going to get built when it lets go.