paint correction (dylan get in here)

GR$$N$

Super Moderator
Mar 13, 2012
southern cali
so when i gave the audi a good wash this weekend i noticed it has alot of swirls and even though its white it still pisses me off. i've always used mothers and such for some correction which work decently but im wanting to start on an adams collection. right now i have a 7" variable speed polisher. i cant find what sizes adams pads are so do they even make 7" also im wondering what is the best process of doing this as ive seen they have severe and regular swirl remover.also wanting to do a sealer and wax and the whole shebang on it. also i need some good drying towels so i dont make any more swirl marks with the towels i have now. going to basically start fresh and give the waxes and sealers i have now away to a neighbor. thanks in advance

so when i gave the audi a good wash this weekend i noticed it has alot of swirls and even though its white it still pisses me off. i've always used mothers and such for some correction which work decently but im wanting to start on an adams collection. right now i have a 7" variable speed polisher. i cant find what sizes adams pads are so do they even make 7" also im wondering what is the best process of doing this as ive seen they have severe and regular swirl remover.also wanting to do a sealer and wax and the whole shebang on it. also i need some good drying towels so i dont make any more swirl marks with the towels i have now. going to basically start fresh and give the waxes and sealers i have now away to a neighbor. thanks in advance

From everything i have seen adams does not make a pad for a 7in rotary.

considering how new the car is, i cannot imagine that the swirls are even bad enought to want to use a rotary,

using the correct compound and pad, i would start with a small section, and try just the swirl and haze remover with a orange pad, and see if that is enough to removed the issue, if not, then switch to the green pad and severe swirl and haze remover. then back to the orange, and then to the fine polish and white pad.

as for sealant, the quick sealant is the hot ticket. holds up as good as the machine sealant, and is about 5783683450835 times faster.

and wax, its basically your choice, i love the americana, but any quality brand wax will work great.

Adams offers a great white drying towel, i need 2 to do my truck, but 1 should cover a car. just make sure you dont get dirt or anything on it.

hope i helped you some.

Ive used the 7 inch pads on a rotary, if you know how to use the rotary then youre good to go. If i were you id get all 5 pads and polishes.
Severe Swirl Remover, Green Pad
Swirl and Haze Remover, Orange Pad
Fine Machine Polish, White Pad
Machine Super Sealant, Gray Pad
Brilliant Glaze, Red Pad.
Glazing with the buffer goes soooo much faster. They have a small tub (3.9oz) of Americana for 50 and a big tub (6.9oz) for 70.
The small tub lasted me 8 cars, so it should last a while if its just for that car. The drying towels from adams are amazing, the best ive ever used.

Ive used the 7 inch pads on a rotary, if you know how to use the rotary then youre good to go. If i were you id get all 5 pads and polishes.
Severe Swirl Remover, Green Pad
Swirl and Haze Remover, Orange Pad
Fine Machine Polish, White Pad
Machine Super Sealant, Gray Pad
Brilliant Glaze, Red Pad.
Glazing with the buffer goes soooo much faster. They have a small tub (3.9oz) of Americana for 50 and a big tub (6.9oz) for 70.
The small tub lasted me 8 cars, so it should last a while if its just for that car. The drying towels from adams are amazing, the best ive ever used.

if he is using quick sealant, he doesnt need the grey pad,

and i prefer to glaze by hand to get in all the nooks and crannys and not risk slinging shit everywhere.

idk what your doing but i have the standard size tub, and always put 2 coats of wax on my truck, and still have 7/8's of the tub left after 2 years, and i do a lot of friends cars/trucks too.