Paint Correction: 2009 Silverado

Justin Greenroyd

Nov 7, 2012
Well this was my first paint correction with the Flex and all i can say is wow! This machine is amazing and the results i was able to achieve were even better! Anybody thats on the fence about getting the PC or the Flex, get the Flex you wont regret it. The truck was in pretty bad condition, it had tons of swirls and some deeper scratches. The Severe Swirl Remover wasn't working fast enough for me so i went and got Meguiars 105.. All i can say is i cant wait for Adams Compound and finish to come out! It took a total of 14 hours to do just the paint correction. Im a bit of a perfectionist so i kept going and going until i was happy. And now that its done, im very happy with how it turned out!!
Here it is all prepped:

Paint was bad, tried my best at getting pics of it

Had to wet sand some areas

Making progress

After, i finished late last night and im going to glaze and wax it after work so ill get better after shots

Had to go over this area a few more times

Thats it for now, thanks for looking. I have a nice custom truck im doing saturday and sunday so ill have a write up for that monday.

I told smith the same thing, if you were closer i would.. Unless you wana pay extra for me to come all the way down there for a weekend :cheeky:

My paint on my dark blue 07 looks identical to those "before" pics. I'd love to have mine done but I have so many door dings and paint chips that there's no point in sinking money into it.

My paint on my dark blue 07 looks identical to those "before" pics. I'd love to have mine done but I have so many door dings and paint chips that there's no point in sinking money into it.

Touch up rock chips, wet sand, polish and wallah, no more paint chips. Thats what i did on this truck

Adams Machine Super Sealant, Brilliant Glaze, Americana. Ill do interior tonight. I got the flex tuesday night and went straight to work.

nice! did you have any issues with the flex 'walking' sometimes? it does for me on awkwardly contorted panels and when I'm down low by the bottoms of doors. probably my inexperience since its the first buffer i ever used..so trying to compare with a guy who came from PC

your supposede to wait 24 hours after the sealant to let it cure before putting anything on top

12 hours, and i let it cure over night then did glaze and wax

nice! did you have any issues with the flex 'walking' sometimes? it does for me on awkwardly contorted panels and when I'm down low by the bottoms of doors. probably my inexperience since its the first buffer i ever used..so trying to compare with a guy who came from PC

Every now and then it does

Just get touch up paint, fill in the chip or scatch, let dry completely, wet sand starting out 1500 finishing at 2000 or 2500 then do 3 step polishing. Alot of people are but its really not that bad.

Just get touch up paint, fill in the chip or scatch, let dry completely, wet sand starting out 1500 finishing at 2000 or 2500 then do 3 step polishing. Alot of people are but its really not that bad.

I got a pretty good scratch I need to take a picture of see if its worth trying this on. Can't stand the scratch but nervous about wet sanding and causing a larger problem.

Might watch some videos and consider doing it when I correct mine.

Here are the spots.
zynute6e.jpg

jy2epary.jpg

I've read where many people on Adams use this also to help fix scratches

http://www.langka.com/index.php/featured-products/paint-chip-repair-kit

Dang thats some deep scratches lol just make sure to get the right paint and go at it. Much easier then it seems.

Real deep. Happened when I was bringing the hard cover home that I'm now not even going to use :nono:

Going to have to talk myself into it but def want those spots gone.