Out with the old in with the new

krusn64

Apr 9, 2012
San Diego, CA
www.facebook.com
So i have mixed emotions about what I did on my birthday...I got rid of my 2001 lifted Silverado and got a brand spankin new crew cab. I was tired of fixing the old truck so often and it not being reliable anymore so i decided to go ahead and buy something new. its my third truck but first brand new so i'm excited about that part. I dont really know my plans for it yet...I threw my subs and amp from my old truck and put a glasspack on it today. anyway, here are a few pics

the old truck i got rid of
DSC00844.jpg

the new truck
IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

Specs:
5.3L 6 speed
Ebony cloth interior
2wd
3.42 gear ratio
tow package
nothing too special

lift, level, lower, bag...who knows i cant decide lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340815185.331671.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340815185.331671.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Old truck was :boobs: 'cept for the wheels and tires. New truck looks good, plz colormatch and get rid of old man chrome tho

Loved the old truck except for the wheels. Looks like some one needs a weedeater. :scared:

Im happy you are excited, however, You'll soon see how shit nnbs trucks are...I hated lots of shit about my LMM, and it was a good as it gets as far as nnbs trucks go

nice upgrade, looking to do the same next spring. Were you having problems with your superlift or was it just maintenance parts in general caused by larger tires?

nice upgrade, looking to do the same next spring. Were you having problems with your superlift or was it just maintenance parts in general caused by larger tires?

The lift was fine...the tranny kept goin and then I was fighting with the company that built it with a warranty and I was tired of it I can't keep the same thing for too long I need change lol

Im happy you are excited, however, You'll soon see how shit nnbs trucks are...I hated lots of shit about my LMM, and it was a good as it gets as far as nnbs trucks go

Mechanically shit? Or like how cheap the plastic shit is on them? I like it so far but I've only had it 2 days...I've been browsing the fuck out of this forum finding all the things to do. Just ordered my HID's but they won't be here for about a week or so

the NNBS isnt as bad as brandon makes it sound, the GF has one and it rides nice and is a great truck. besides the faulty fuel pump from the factory.

but she also doesnt beat it.

only thing i do not like about the NNBS is the 6 speed feels like a slush box, it doesnt know what gear it wants to be in, and that the body is made of such thin steel it dents easier

x2 on the thin body metal. However the NNBS aren't too bad. I like how they look, and maybe I am lucky but my interior doesn't rattle and squeak like everyone claims they do.

Shaved my emblems last night and right as I finished that up, the mailman pulled up and handed me my HIDs. Also stuck my tailgate bowtie on my buddies long travel f150 to make him feel at home haha

fecde506.jpg

6c013f70.jpg

Where I installed the ballasts...
ba8fe65c.jpg

My buddies turd
19f4328b.jpg

I need to bring my other truck to san Diego to get rid of this ford:Chevy outnumbered ratio
f50ed4d9.jpg

Will be clearing my headlights, demolding the doors, and painting the grill bowtie next week...won't be touching the suspension or wheels until next June when I return state-side again

Last edited:
Got my eraser wheel in the mail today so guess what I did :)

d8582001.jpg

Only thing I really have left for now is clearing the headlights. Trying to decide if halo's would look rice if installed on stock headlights. Opinions? I'm leaning towards a no unless someone has a picture of white or blue halos on stock lights