Options for my Welds

techsan40

Wreck em'
Feb 9, 2012
I have some pretty bad pitting on a couple of my wheels and also a chip from curb rape from previous owners neglect. I was needing some opinions on what to do. Should i sandblast and PC them? If so what color would you go with? I thought a gun metal or comp grey would look good with my truck color. I assume im better off buying a new set than paying for re-chroming, but any insight on the matter will be helpful. thanks!

linden

Mar 30, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Well first you couldn't buy a new set you would have to find them used. Are they chrome or polished aluminium? You would be surprised what you can do with aluminum. Powder is always an option the new "chrome" powder coat doesn't look that bad imo

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

techsan40

Wreck em'
Feb 9, 2012
Well first you couldn't buy a new set you would have to find them used. Are they chrome or polished aluminium? You would be surprised what you can do with aluminum. Powder is always an option the new "chrome" powder coat doesn't look that bad imo

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

by buy a new set, i meant new to me. i know you can't get a "new" set....and they are chrome, ill have to look into "chrome" pc

Alot of guys will sandblast the chrome off the welds and polish them...very common issue for chrome welds

nice, thanks for the info man

edit: any links to someone who's done this or write ups?

Last edited: