wretched73

Apr 18, 2012
So my spiral gray metallic, ext cab, reg bed Z71 silverado's cab corners and rockers are rusted out.

In the next month or two i plan on having them replaced and figured i would get a couple of things color matched while i was at it.

So far, i am going to color match my door handles, tailgate handles, front bumper cap, and my new DL3 w/puddle lamp mirrors.

I also do not like my chrome bumpers and was thinking they would look good painted. (Plus they are starting to rust and it is almost noticeable) I saw bgray had painted the chrome on his old red truck and was thinking about copying his idea.

bgray truck i was referencing:

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I'd leave the tailgate cap black if you paint the bumper. The step pads need something to tie into back there. The grille has the valance.

wretched73

Apr 18, 2012
I'd leave the tailgate cap black if you paint the bumper. The step pads need something to tie into back there. The grille has the valance.

^Agreed with Chris. Otherwise I think you've pretty much covered it all

I agree, I'd paint the handle but leave the cap. I might paint them all the same black i painted my lower front valence in

wretched73

Apr 18, 2012
when are you actually going to do this? my truck goes to scott friday or sat i think.

Sooner the better, I was hoping beginning of April... May the latest. I need to get in touch with him. Maybe Thursday we can swing by? :)