On this episode of dads truck is broke...

Emery19

That Ford Guy
Apr 8, 2012
Mount Laurel, NJ
So those who saw my other thread and those who I've talked to in the past know how much shit dads put into his Yukon lately, rebuilt the rear end, new ac system, all new fuel lines, etc etc. All within the last year or so.

Anyways. I'm home for the weekend as my parents are moving so I was helping them. Also decided to do brakes on my car. Last vehicle in the door yard was the Yukon. So I said fuck it I'll take it to the store to get lunch and get the parts for my car. Drove down the road to advanced, grabbed parts, jumped back in the Yukon with my buddy, drove through the parking lot, rolled out into the street and hit the gas and...

Bang. No forward momentum whatsoever, just free revs in the middle of the intersection. Pushed the shifter down into second and got it into a parking lot and got it home shifting between 2nd and 3rd. Reverse first second and third all work, just not drive.

So what broke? I'm thinking direct drive solenoid. If that's even the right terminology. I'm just glad it happened to me in town and not mom or dad on the interstate. Idk how much dad wants to keep putting into this pig, but since I was driving it I want to get it fixed for him. Shit I was driving normal to. It just let go. Any ideas?

Emery19

That Ford Guy
Apr 8, 2012
Mount Laurel, NJ
update on the situation, dropped it off at the shop, they pulled the pan and drained the fluid, chunks of metal everywhere. needs a transmission. So dads pretty sure hes going to let it go and cut his losses. I've been looking for a 2011-2013 yukon or tahoe with 17s on it so he can swap his tires onto it and then just trade and get rid of it. he doesnt know what he wants, and they are currently in the middle of a move and now him and mom are down to one car.. so its going to be an interesting week. I swear its just one thing after another around here