Old Gmc...Slowly but surely

Apr 8, 2012
Oklahoma City
So after years of looking for my dads old first truck I got pretty luckly and found that sucker,
but was really disappointed on how shity that truck look. Luckly of enough the guy who my dad
had sold it to still had it which I didn't bother in asking if he would sell it to me which he didn't hesitate
in saying take it. Soo as soon as I pull up to my dad's driveway with the trailer he busted out in tears
and started asking all this questions of where I found it and this and that, well my question to you guys
is this vehicle still in condition to drive if I fix it up? Like the frame, motor & etc, please let me know guys
any specs would be appreciated! :facepalm:

oldgmc9.jpg

oldgmc1.jpg

oldgmc2.jpg

oldgmc3.jpg

oldgmc4.jpg

oldgmc5.jpg

oldgmc6.jpg

oldgmc7.jpg

oldgmc11.jpg

oldgmc12.jpg

oldgmc13.jpg

If you get it into driving condition from it's current state, it will nickle and dime you to death. If you have the space, do a father and son resto project.
I recently bought back the first truck I ever bought new in 1988, so I'm there with you on the emotional attachment thing. I plan to restore mine from the ground up.

...Someday

If you get it into driving condition from it's current state, it will nickle and dime you to death. If you have the space, do a father and son resto project.
I recently bought back the first truck I ever bought new in 1988, so I'm there with you on the emotional attachment thing. I plan to restore mine from the ground up.

...Someday

Well I already started taking the bed, fenders, etc to try and wash it down a bit this weekend I should be pulling out the motor & interior a good friend Of my dad is going to be working on the frame & truck.