Oil Pressure problems.

Lifted$Lowered

Mar 29, 2012
Been a member awhile but don't post much, but i ran into some problems and need some help. Bought an 01 Silverado a couple months ago and recently the oil gauge started jumping until it gets warm, but once it does it stays at 60. The real problem started last night leaving work..started the truck up to let it warm up but heard some lifter tap and looked oil pressure had dropped to 0:eek:, I turned the truck off and started it back up and the oil pressure went back to normal...Any help is appreciated.

Replace sensor. Drivers side behind intake mani. Unplug sensor. 27mm socket. Swivel. Extension. Screw in new one. Plug in. Fixed.

Replace sensor. Drivers side behind intake mani. Unplug sensor. 27mm socket. Swivel. Extension. Screw in new one. Plug in. Fixed.

The sensors on 99-02 are ungodly long, where did you find a socket to fit over? From what I remember doing it a few years ago I had to use a wrench with a pivot end...

Probably a bad sensor throwing your gauge off. It also could be slightly leaking oil by the sensor.
considering the age of the truck im with Kyle go ahead and change the sensor. I doubt it would be a pump problem if you just restart and pressure returns to normal