Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
I know some of you have GoPro's and others don't. I recently bought one and had to ask questions in different threads so I figured a dedicated thread would help in future endeavors for anyone interested in a GoPro.

Figured this thread could be used to ask questions about GoPro models, post up accessories you use/reviews, GoPro photography, links to good deals on items/just whatever!

I'll start off by saying I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 3+ black w/add on LCD screen, havnt used it a ton but so far I'm enjoying it.

What do the rest of you have? Things you've bought and liked (like the batteries several of you talked about)? What have you wasted money on and suggest not to buy?

And Go!

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
I have a Hero 3+ black
3 Hero 2s
and and original Hero HD
in terms of accessories i bought the 3D system for the Hero 2s which never fucking worked after the first weekend i used it, i also have the battery bac-pak which puts static noise in all my videos now, and i have a 3 extra origional gobro batteries and a gobro charger for those batteries

Silver04

DA04
Aug 7, 2012
Firebaugh Ca
Hero 3+ blk
Batteries, gopro batteries and charger also Wasabi batteries and charger.
Accessories, gopro suction cup mount, diy tethers, Masione bike mount, Fotasy bar mount 31.8mm, SSE 48" collapsible pole & diy floaty grip "looks like a pipe bomb".

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
i bought the 3D system for the Hero 2s which never fucking worked after the first weekend i used it

But yet you suggest it to everyone that mentions buying a GoPro? Makes sense.

As far as accessories, I've got the Wasabi batteries/charger from Amazon and that's really about it. I typically use mine for skiing/snowboarding so I just use the provided helmet sticky mounts and a ski pole mount. I've got the "Chesty" mount as well, but hardly ever use it.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Dfw GoPro. Planning on picking one up soon. Subbed for moar info.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
But yet you suggest it to everyone that mentions buying a GoPro? Makes sense.

As far as accessories, I've got the Wasabi batteries/charger from Amazon and that's really about it. I typically use mine for skiing/snowboarding so I just use the provided helmet sticky mounts and a ski pole mount. I've got the "Chesty" mount as well, but hardly ever use it.
supposedly they fixed the glitches on the 3

EDIT:
also not sure where i said to go buy one.... cant find it in my recent posts

Last edited:

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California

I have these as well and i love them, they work great and seem to last longer than GoBro battery.

I have a 3+Black with a blackout case and extra batteries. I have the Handlebar mount, tube mount, two suction mounts and a bunch of arm attachments as well as a stick.

I use the GoPro a lot, i really like it.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
supposedly they fixed the glitches on the 3

EDIT:
also not sure where i said to go buy one.... cant find it in my recent posts

Said/implied it right here :crazy:

a68bf20b10e2549c7f01353a6b460c84.jpg

Enjoying mine so far. I do need a battery charger though so batteries can charge while not in GoPro.
Also realize I wish my selfie stick had a button on it to use, I like it and have used phone but if I'm where I can't use my phone that would be nice.

I also have a remote but it seems to not work unless on the charger, anyone else have a remote and problems with it staying charged? I looked online and seems to be common but I can't seem to fix it.

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
Said/implied it right here :crazy:

a68bf20b10e2549c7f01353a6b460c84.jpg

Enjoying mine so far. I do need a battery charger though so batteries can charge while not in GoPro.
Also realize I wish my selfie stick had a button on it to use, I like it and have used phone but if I'm where I can't use my phone that would be nice.

I also have a remote but it seems to not work unless on the charger, anyone else have a remote and problems with it staying charged? I looked online and seems to be common but I can't seem to fix it.
You got me! Imma buy one and I'll report back with results
I use a zip tie to hold the charging cable in contact with the remote, only way I could get it to charge
I did find a pole with a mechanical device to hit the button, pero was much ferria

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
One I did with my Go Pro 1 last year. I got myself a Go Pro 4 now, I've done some playing around with it but not much. I hope to get some videos of the fall harvest that is coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colyn.

Acrophobic
Mar 17, 2012
Alma, GA
Just ordered myself a GoPro Hero 4 Black from amazon for christmas.... got a damn steal of a deal. Retail is $499.99 and I kept looking on amazon all day thursday and it was holding at $379.99 so I was like eh I need to go ahead and order one well I kept putting it off because I wasn't sure 100% that's what I wanted well anyway I checked that night after 12:00am and it was $349.99 so I went ahead and got myself one. Checked again that morning because curious and the price had went back up to $379.99.... I'm excited to get it and start using going to ask for some accessories for christmas from the family. Definitely want the suction cup and bike mounts also the clear floating gopole for our jet ski trips.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 4.0

Last edited:

Colyn.

Acrophobic
Mar 17, 2012
Alma, GA
Last I checked they were still $379.99 so if anyone wants one for $120 off I would jump on it.... last week they were all priced like retail from GoPro. The GoPro Hero 4 Silver are like $317.99 and I think the entry level Hero is $117.99... so the savings aren't near as much but depends what you want to spend. Mine after tax was only $373-ish so still less that what it is now before tax.

Last edited:

Colyn.

Acrophobic
Mar 17, 2012
Alma, GA
The Hero 4 black is the current top of the line model atleast in resolution it can shoot 4K @ 30 fps but the Hero 4 Silver has a LCD screen built in and can shoot 4K @ 15 fps.... I wanted the black because you can shoot 1080p @ 120 fps which means really slow and clear slow-mo....