official aSSmeister build

So, about that luck lol.
Ya know.. Just the usual..
Post up pics and vids of those tails when you get them in eBay just sent me a 20 off coupon on anything automotive so might cop em if they are sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wtf.. I had that same email a week ago when I started looking for tails. I thought.. Sweet! Well during checkout I went searching for the email/code and it was nowhere to be found :pokerface:

But will do

So yeah, turning today somehow snapped the bolt connecting the pitman arm to the center link. Friend of mine towed me to our shop, where I figured would be a semi simple Job to just replace the pitman. Nope. Wrong. FUKING WRONG.

Spent two hours and only got the two nuts off the bottom. Broken bolt would not budge with torch or air hammer. The only puller they had at the shop that fit didn't have a bolt in it.. So I soaked in PB, will buy bolt tomorrow, and try again with a lot more torch
d0a80104b8945d8f013e5a9f9d3a6e78.jpg

1d97c57cafa05bc5d3939900a9950f4d.jpg

It's a fun job! I loosened the steering box so I could get a gun on the big nut after I torched it to red hot.

The big nut was the easy one. I put a big box wrench on it, then slipped another on the end of that for leverage and it came right off

The bitch of it is getting the broken bolt out of the center link lol

The big nut was the easy one. I put a big box wrench on it, then slipped another on the end of that for leverage and it came right off

The bitch of it is getting the broken bolt out of the center link lol
Its a castle nut iirc, did you pull the cotter pin?

Last edited:
just cut the nut side off with a grinder.

and i dont think you have to worry about indexing the pitman arm mike, IIRC from when i did mine. it has a special spot of splines that has to line up.

i also put the cognito pitman and idler arm braces on. one of my favorite investments.

and i dont think you have to worry about indexing the pitman arm mike, IIRC from when i did mine. it has a special spot of splines that has to line up.

i also put the cognito pitman and idler arm braces on. one of my favorite investments.
That's what it was! There two different ones it can be I think 3 or 4. But still it should go back on as close to where it came off if as possible (in theroy it would if r&r) but in his case he may have turned the steering gear past and I would think will have to bring it back

Its a castle nut iirc, did you pull the cotter pin?
I think new one will be castle nut. Oem one didn't have any cotter. Just plain nut

I can't cut it out I need to push it back through to remove it.

And ya Mike there's 3 and 4 splines. Gotta take mine out before I know which it is to order

Listen to ginger. Try to avoid using a torch on your truck too since it melts the frame coating and can easily light grease on fire under there.
Other option would be pull the center link out of the truck and tack weld the stud to it from the top so you can take the nut off. Then grind the weld off and stud will slip right out. Shit happens, we did the pitman in my brother's dmax and it snapped off in our driveway like 6 months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tis out. Bent an old license plate as a heat shield to protect hoses in the area. Torched the fuck out of it. Mini sledge got it out finally.

Took out two steering box bolts to give the puller and bolt enough room to fit. Got that off. New arm being delivered soon

8ba3494f28be8efe9d93f9d7486ef90c.jpg

3d7258783100458410aa6eef73299233.jpg

b61ba405d2d5a816e44d440ab7abc668.jpg

85c0cac9e0a609b2224a3524970e776f.jpg

:beaker: DNW to ever work on a Yankee truck. The corrosion must've just gotten it super weak

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lol heres dash footage. you can kinda hear it pop as soon as i give gas in the turn. pretty lame vid lol

then er getting backed into the shop if you're curious on how that looks lol

Last edited by a moderator:
lol heres dash footage. you can kinda hear it pop as soon as i give gas in the turn. pretty lame vid lol

then er getting backed into the shop if you're curious on how that looks lol
You trying to get run over by a tow truck?

Last edited by a moderator: